[ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by tej_27 »

Embarassing performance ..get chatara shumba burl in next game ..I wish there was a way to drop chamu
Burl shumba ervine Taylor Williams madhevere Raza chisoro chatara ngvara muzarbani looks a decent side ..will replace ngavara with Jarvis once he is fit

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by sloandog »

Really weak performance.
Just very complacent and, just, weak. That’s the only way I can describe it

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

So here is my review again that absolutely noone asked for.

Chari - technically looks a good batsman but I think he is just a mental disaster, played ok but failed to rotate the strike well enough to bowling that frankly wasnt all that tough today. 2/10

Chamu - as before, looks like a walking wicket that shouldnt even be in the side let alone captaining it. Might be the loveliest guy on the planet but doesnt have the ability to cut it at this level playing anyone but Oman and Kenya. At least I didnt have to watch him bowl again. 1/10

Ervine - everyone is allowed an off day and after how he played 2 days ago this can count as his free pass. Really not very good today. 1/10

Taylor - after the ever consistent early troubles looked to settle the innings again and start to kick on, technically as ever very impressive and especially around the 20 over mark looked to finally expose what was very very average bowling from Pakistan. Fell before he could convert with a shot he plays well but always seems to get out too which is a talent in itself. Kept very well considering the bowling too. 5/10

William's- very strong performance from him today. Was excellent with the bat and unfortunately fell with the Zimbabwe special mid 70s. Bowling wise I think he bowled the right amount, just a shame he didnt have a bigger target to try and force the Pakistani batsmen a bit more. You know hes batting well when the commentators dont shut up about hockey. 8/10

Madhevere - considering this young mans start of his career you would expect him to continuously build on that but today his troubles with foot movement where exposed. Hopefully this is a problem he can work round and improve his ability against spin. Wouldn't look too hard into him if I'm honest here, as with ervine, everyone is allowed an off game every once in a while and this kid deserves that. Bowled pretty economically until chamu sacrificed him with the last over of the game. 3/10

Raza - appears to have forgotten how to bat. Not much more to say than that, he isnt a slugger and yet seems determined to become one. I like his new action from working with Narine and with more practice could become a very reliable wicket taker, especially in the t20s. 3/10

Chisoro - the one bowler with a decent bowling average in the team proves himself yet again. Very economical bowling and a genuine wicket taker. You know you're in trouble when your left arm orthodox spinner is your strike bowler however. 8/10

Mumba - please drop this guy for chatara, he cant control the ball and so looks as if he is just bowling and hoping a bit like I do and not bowling to any plan. 1/10

Ngarava - not as bad as mumba but looks to have the same issues unfortunately, just doesnt ever look like he is gonna take a wicket. Atleast he bowls fairly economically considering I guess. 2/10

Muzarabani - had an off day where he was expensive and unlucky to not have rizwan nicked off at first slip. Alongside chisoro the only frontline bowler genuinely seeming to be up too this level. Would love to see him return to his older action where he didnt look like he was playing twister and bowling much quicker however. 2/10

Overall this was a classic Zimbabwe performance of neither the bowlers not the batsmen having trust in one another and thus all pretty much failing and relying upon one or two individuals.

Personally now that the series is lost would like to see Zim just have a bit of fun with it and experiment with a new style because ei believe they're confused on the type of cricket they want to play and are thus about 15 years behind in terms of ODI cricket at present.

I would like to see changes in the form of Khamunakamwe for chari and just tell him to have fun, chatara in place of mumba and Ryan burl in place of Raza since while Raza is bowling pretty well Zim have plenty of off spinning options atm and Burls leggies are always handy plus can use him as a floater up and down the order.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Good review Kallum, good point about Chibhabha sacrificing Madhevere in the final over - not sure why he thought that was a smart idea. Maybe he's seeing him as competition...

Yeah agreed sloandog, there was modicum of resistance in the Williams/Taylor partnership but besides that just a waste of time. What really disappointed me was the bowling. You want to see some heart shown by your big fast bowlers to set the tone upfront but it just wasn't on display.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Fair observations
Here's one I picked up from another page- Ngarava hasn't taken a wicket in 37 overs.

Has no-one wondered how ZC "squashed" their $20 million loan yet? Surely there should be some sort of enquiry.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Googly wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:41 pm
Fair observations
Here's one I picked up from another page- Ngarava hasn't taken a wicket in 37 overs.

Has no-one wondered how ZC "squashed" their $20 million loan yet? Surely there should be some sort of enquiry.
What are our fast bowling stocks right now?

A-graders: Jarvis, Chatara
B-graders: -
C-graders: Muzarabani, Mpofu
D-graders: Tiripano, Mumba, S Masakadza, Madziva
E-graders: Chibhabha, Tshuma, Ngarava, Nyauchi

Have I forgotten anyone?

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:56 pm
Googly wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:41 pm
Fair observations

What are our fast bowling stocks right now?

A-graders: Jarvis, Chatara
B-graders: -
C-graders: Muzarabani,
D-graders: Tiripano, Mumba, S Masakadza, Madziva
E-graders: Chibhabha, Tshuma, Ngarava, Nyauchi

Have I forgotten anyone?
Yes our very own mfopu

Googly

Post by Googly »

You left out Chris Mpofu, still a better option than Ngarava and Mumba.
Evans- but inexplicably he's not taking wickets at club level.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Ah damn, yeah good pick up. Mpofu a C I guess, although at his peak A/B by Zim standards.

Never seen Evans bowl before so won't judge that

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

They have got to get Matigimu on the phone. We need better options. Why can’t we ever produce quick bowlers? I just don’t get it. Like where are we going wrong? How many guys in our short history have been able to hit 140kph consistently?