[ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 3 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
saifulsohel05

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 3 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by saifulsohel05 »

I am a die hard BD & Zim fan. I wish one day selection policy will be uncontroversial. Zim economy would be stable. Players will fight for Chevrons rather than going to other countries for club Cricket.

tgk

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 3 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by tgk »

What's our next ODI series?

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I've recorded pretty mcuh the whole game as well as most of the first game chase that I could possibly send to people if they wanted

Ok here is my review for the 3rd odi.

Chamu - I'm ot sure even the ZC selectors realised just how bad this guy is and how unsuited for captain he is, no doubt this win will get him 10 more games however. 1/10

Chari - looked like he was playing himself in and then as before has a mental slip and throws his work away, been given enough chances at this level now and time to move on to someone like Kasuza or Khumunakhamwe. 2/10

Ervine - another poor game with the bat but was pretty good in the field making up for a certain someone's (cough chisoro cough) laziness. Will come good as he always does. 3/10

Taylor - what a series this goat has had. The 50 was well paced well timed and exactly what Zimbabwe needed in the situation it found itself in. Was fantastic with the gloves such as those 4 widest he saved off muzarabani bowling well down the leg side towards the end. Unfortunately couldn't kick on and convert again however. Nonetheless a very string game for him to cap off a sensational series 7/10

Williams - I said in my first review that in the first game he had a quiet game and would come good and my oh my has he come good. One of the best hundreds I've ever seen in Zimbabwe colours. Paced it well building through the middle over with Taylor and madhevere and then exploded with Raza towards the back end. Bowled ok but dint look particularly threatening. 9/10

Madhevere - he managed to improve his own game against spin throughout this series but is gonna have to work on that impulsive pulling of the shor ball. Looks like he will have a career averaging around the high 20s to low 30s if he cant get that sorted. However again was well paced if lucky and was able to contribute very strongly in the field too. 6/10

Raza - had had a quiet series and needed a showing and boy oh boy did sikander come to play. An aggressive innings at a vital time when Zimbabwe where well short of a competitive target pushed them into a strong position. Bowled similar to William's where he was economical without being particularly threatening. Although he dropped a sitter he fielding pretty well aside form that. 7/10

Tiripano - the don had a good showing today finally in national colours and I'm very happy for him. When pitching the ball up he looked dangerous and was able to take wickets right as Pakistan looked to be looking dangerous again. Good without being sensational, happy at the amount of overs he bowled. 6/10

Chisoro - well he has had a good 2 out fo 3 games of the series... Was expensive today and awful in the field. Personally however I feel he is the most threatening looking spinner usually and should be retained in the team even after one of the worst performances I've seen. 1/10

Ngarava - bowled well up top and found a good amount fo seam movement even if he was a little expensive. Was unlucky in his last couple overs as he bowled fairly alright. Gonna have to work a lot on his variations as he isnt quick enough to constantly rely on his stock ball at the end. 5/10

Muzarabani - I said in an earlier review how much of a man crush I've had on this guy for a while and oh my word was that effort special today. Bowled sensationally up top making sure that Pakistan couldn't win the game in the first 10 in effect by restricting the run rate an taking a wicket. Bowled well for his little spell in the middle and at the end bowled a little erratically granted but took the vital wickets and in effect but Zimbabwe back into the game which looked dead and buried. I dont think I need to mention that super over. While yes the first one wasnt the best of balls it got a wicket and was very unlucky not to have 4 wickets in 4 balls with the next one dropping into no mans land. Should deffo be retaining and played alongside Chatara and Jarvis. 9/10

What a brilliant game that was to watch. I think that especially once chatara and Jarvis are back fit this Zimbabwe team could be back up to challenging good sides like Pakistan more often as long as they are able to find an opening partnership that even reliably puts on 20 ay a decent strike rate tbh.

I'll be doing a series review of player performances too soon but wanna have a look at numbers and that first.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:40 pm
If anyone can post highlights to this I would be grateful!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... an+3rd+ODI

Just skip to the end of the PCB live streams and it should show the innings highlights + super over.

Ngarava gets a bit of a reprieve, he should have contained 13 runs against the last two batsmen. Although in fairness, even though it was struck hard 99/100 international cricketers would have been able to get SOMETHING on that last ball and stop it running away to the fence. Hopefully he's better for the experience... he could be a handful if he can gain a bit more pace.

Tiripano with two clean bowleds, how often will that happen?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Kallum wrote:What a brilliant game that was to watch. I think that especially once chatara and Jarvis are back fit this Zimbabwe team could be back up to challenging good sides like Pakistan more often as long as they are able to find an opening partnership that even reliably puts on 20 ay a decent strike rate tbh.
Yeah, we're three spots away from having a pretty competitive team. Once the dead weight opening pair are discarded, and if we just put Chisoro to one side (he's not a bad spinner, but we have to find someone better) we're left with this:

1 ??
2 ??
3 Ervine
4 Taylor
5 Williams
6 Madhevere
7 Raza
8 ??
9 Jarvis
10 Chatara
11 Muzarabani

tgk

Post by tgk »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:53 pm
Kallum wrote:What a brilliant game that was to watch. I think that especially once chatara and Jarvis are back fit this Zimbabwe team could be back up to challenging good sides like Pakistan more often as long as they are able to find an opening partnership that even reliably puts on 20 ay a decent strike rate tbh.
Yeah, we're three spots away from having a pretty competitive team. Once the dead weight opening pair are discarded, and if we just put Chisoro to one side (he's not a bad spinner, but we have to find someone better) we're left with this:

1 ??
2 ??
3 Ervine
4 Taylor
5 Williams
6 Madhevere
7 Raza
8 ??
9 Jarvis
10 Chatara
11 Muzarabani
1. Musakanda
2. Kamunhukamwe/Moor
8. Burl

And Williams as captain.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:33 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:28 pm
Is chatara injured too like Jerv?
Apparently Chatara and K-Long are carrying niggles. That's what Mawoyo said on commentary.

Marshmallow: Who else do we play in this league? Do we play Netherlands/Ire/Afg/Ban at all?
Attachments
We are not playing against these team in this cwc super league
We are not playing against these team in this cwc super league
Screenshot_2020-11-03-21-33-57-58_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 1778 times

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I like this league system where everyone plays each other. Will spread the talent a bit when players don't seek green pastures and other players will actually try and qualify for smaller nations.

As for Chisoro.
I don't get why everyone loves him so much here.
Despite today's effort, we have three spinners that pretty much offer the same as him already in our lineup.
We are better off with a pinch hitter or an extra seamer.
Wes/Raza/Sean are more than enough for our finger spinner needs.
If chisoro was Nathan Lyon fair enough but he's the other three without the batting skills.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:10 pm
I like this league system where everyone plays each other. Will spread the talent a bit when players don't seek green pastures and other players will actually try and qualify for smaller nations.

As for Chisoro.
I don't get why everyone loves him so much here.
Despite today's effort, we have three spinners that pretty much offer the same as him already in our lineup.
We are better off with a pinch hitter or an extra seamer.
Wes/Raza/Sean are more than enough for our finger spinner needs.
If chisoro was Nathan Lyon fair enough but he's the other three without the batting skills.
If they need a front line spinner Mavuta is a good choice bcz he is an leggie and also a good hitter

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good review. Blessing had a great day, but in-between the wickets and the good deliveries he bowled some really poor balls. I'm surprised because after two years of County he should be much tighter than that.
Ngarava as well, took some key wickets but too many hit me balls.

Once again I'm surprised Wes didn't get a few overs earlier on when it wasn't getting tight.

I think the selectors should have given Burl and/or Shumba a run. Fair play to give guys a decent chance, panic chopping and changing is not great, but we've seen enough of a couple of guys, let's move forward now, surely!

It's going to be interesting to see the T20 side. Is Chamu captain of that as well?
I think they'll open with Shumba and Burl if Chamu doesn't play. If he does then Shumba will probably replace Chisoro.
I dunno, hard to guess what they'll do.