[ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 3 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 3 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:17 pm
Injured
Is that confirmed? It makes sense

Kamunhukamwe is also injured which again makes sense why he hasn't been selected
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 3 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by jaybro »

Kallum wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:46 pm
I've recorded pretty mcuh the whole game as well as most of the first game chase that I could possibly send to people if they wanted

Ok here is my review for the 3rd odi.

Chamu - I'm ot sure even the ZC selectors realised just how bad this guy is and how unsuited for captain he is, no doubt this win will get him 10 more games however. 1/10

Chari - looked like he was playing himself in and then as before has a mental slip and throws his work away, been given enough chances at this level now and time to move on to someone like Kasuza or Khumunakhamwe. 2/10

Ervine - another poor game with the bat but was pretty good in the field making up for a certain someone's (cough chisoro cough) laziness. Will come good as he always does. 3/10

Taylor - what a series this goat has had. The 50 was well paced well timed and exactly what Zimbabwe needed in the situation it found itself in. Was fantastic with the gloves such as those 4 widest he saved off muzarabani bowling well down the leg side towards the end. Unfortunately couldn't kick on and convert again however. Nonetheless a very string game for him to cap off a sensational series 7/10

Williams - I said in my first review that in the first game he had a quiet game and would come good and my oh my has he come good. One of the best hundreds I've ever seen in Zimbabwe colours. Paced it well building through the middle over with Taylor and madhevere and then exploded with Raza towards the back end. Bowled ok but dint look particularly threatening. 9/10

Madhevere - he managed to improve his own game against spin throughout this series but is gonna have to work on that impulsive pulling of the shor ball. Looks like he will have a career averaging around the high 20s to low 30s if he cant get that sorted. However again was well paced if lucky and was able to contribute very strongly in the field too. 6/10

Raza - had had a quiet series and needed a showing and boy oh boy did sikander come to play. An aggressive innings at a vital time when Zimbabwe where well short of a competitive target pushed them into a strong position. Bowled similar to William's where he was economical without being particularly threatening. Although he dropped a sitter he fielding pretty well aside form that. 7/10

Tiripano - the don had a good showing today finally in national colours and I'm very happy for him. When pitching the ball up he looked dangerous and was able to take wickets right as Pakistan looked to be looking dangerous again. Good without being sensational, happy at the amount of overs he bowled. 6/10

Chisoro - well he has had a good 2 out fo 3 games of the series... Was expensive today and awful in the field. Personally however I feel he is the most threatening looking spinner usually and should be retained in the team even after one of the worst performances I've seen. 1/10

Ngarava - bowled well up top and found a good amount fo seam movement even if he was a little expensive. Was unlucky in his last couple overs as he bowled fairly alright. Gonna have to work a lot on his variations as he isnt quick enough to constantly rely on his stock ball at the end. 5/10

Muzarabani - I said in an earlier review how much of a man crush I've had on this guy for a while and oh my word was that effort special today. Bowled sensationally up top making sure that Pakistan couldn't win the game in the first 10 in effect by restricting the run rate an taking a wicket. Bowled well for his little spell in the middle and at the end bowled a little erratically granted but took the vital wickets and in effect but Zimbabwe back into the game which looked dead and buried. I dont think I need to mention that super over. While yes the first one wasnt the best of balls it got a wicket and was very unlucky not to have 4 wickets in 4 balls with the next one dropping into no mans land. Should deffo be retaining and played alongside Chatara and Jarvis. 9/10

What a brilliant game that was to watch. I think that especially once chatara and Jarvis are back fit this Zimbabwe team could be back up to challenging good sides like Pakistan more often as long as they are able to find an opening partnership that even reliably puts on 20 ay a decent strike rate tbh.

I'll be doing a series review of player performances too soon but wanna have a look at numbers and that first.
Looks like I've been replaced

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

:o
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-11-04-12-55-47-47.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-04-12-55-47-47.jpg (687.99 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Tiripano seems to have that surprise delivery which comes into the right handers. Not the first time he has done that at first change. I must say to me he was the big difference. Those 2 wickets were crucial. Mumba was really struggling.

As for spinners after Williams and Raza are gone... Shumba and Wes will replace them. I wish Burl took his leg spin more seriously. We need him to work on that

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Due to the Rajput absence, I have an doubt is the douglas hondo make decision or Rajputh giving plans or decision to the team through meet, zoom etc and douglas just following that. Please correct me🙁

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

At full strength from what I’m seeing we are about 2 players from getting over the line consistently. Ballance and Cremer would be the ideal combo but I doubt we can convince them. Mavuta is maybe 5 years off from being the finished product. Leg spin is a delicate art. Myers might take away the need for Ballance to come back.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Remember when a few people here in the forum didn’t think Blessing would be a hit when he returned 😂😂😂😂

You know who you are lads 😂😂😂😂

Even if Ngarava and Mumba aren’t quite the finished product, or Blessing to be fair. I’m happy to watch these big boys run and bowl, much better than toilers from previous years like Nyauchi, Panyangara and despite his good performance the Don

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:03 am
At full strength from what I’m seeing we are about 2 players from getting over the line consistently. Ballance and Cremer would be the ideal combo but I doubt we can convince them. Mavuta is maybe 5 years off from being the finished product. Leg spin is a delicate art. Myers might take away the need for Ballance to come back.
Muyeye is the guy mate

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Myers is the realistic option, and Muyeye and Welch for the future.

Don’t count Cremer out just yet, either. This is a big lead up to the 2023 CWC and I reckon if he sees an improvement within the structures he may do a 180.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:27 am
Myers is the realistic option, and Muyeye and Welch for the future.

Don’t count Cremer out just yet, either. This is a big lead up to the 2023 CWC and I reckon if he sees an improvement within the structures he may do a 180.
He’s head coach at the Rajasthan Royals Academy I think, I highly doubt he’d give that gig up to return.

Sadly we have seen the last of Cremer