2nd T20 | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 2nd T20 | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Rawalpindi

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:55 pm
For T20Is, we can still pick Wellington to throw some fast and accurate darts. Might help create pressure from one end if he can keep it tight as he showed a few times. Brilliant fielder.
Does he do that? To be honest, I haven't seen Wellington bowl for ages, but I remember him as a Vettori-like bowler, albeit with less control and fewer revs on the ball; but fast, accurate darts?

Mufudza is the one spinner that I was always eager to see, ever since his time at Mountaineers, but I doubt that 'Bones' has much more to offer than our allrounders in the limited overs stuff. He plays both for Mashonaland and Takashinga--so you can bet that it's not politics that keeps him from getting selected.
Hmm, I remember some darts fired by Wellington the last time he turned out in a T20. Not sure when it was. And I'm exaggerating the "accurate" bit :)

I wont mind seeing Mufudza given a chance, or even a second chance for Roy Kaia as a bowler primarily, as he keeps getting wickets domestically. Probably can be tried in ODIs.