What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Googly »

I haven't heard. I'd be curious how they will practice when that's not allowed either.
You can't even play a two ball in golf, its f$#@ ridiculous.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Well if it has to happen then it has to happen right after the Ireland-Afghanistan series, so the fixtures should be announced soon, if it is still on.

Must be very frustrating for the players this as for the fans, Zimbabwe always have to wait so long for an international game.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Ireland-UAE series is currently stalled after just 1 match because a number of UAE players are +. They are running out of time because the Ireland Afghanistan series is right after.

Wonder if this may also push the ZIM-AFG series back. I wonder why its in Oman and not the UAE...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I recall when Ben Johnson was banned for pulling the absolute piss out of Brahman steroids. I think his kids may actually have cow genes. There were a number of people that suggested that athletes should just be allowed to take what they liked so we could see what was possible with chemicals. We'd watch the 4 second hundred and the athlete would expire on the finishing line :lol:
It should be the same with cricketers- they should just have covid cricket. Anyone who hasn't had it should be banished until they get it and then they can rejoin society.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:39 pm
The Ireland-UAE series is currently stalled after just 1 match because a number of UAE players are +. They are running out of time because the Ireland Afghanistan series is right after.

Wonder if this may also push the ZIM-AFG series back. I wonder why its in Oman and not the UAE...
It is in Oman because that is more cost effective venue for Afghanistan it seems, this being their home series. I'm sure Afghans are keen to play both the series, they haven't got any game since the pandemic began.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see A Flower has been appointed the Pakistan coach

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Postponed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlav ... postponed/
Disappointing

Not surprising
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Them coming before the Pakistan series in the biosecure bubble makes sense. To be honest as much as I want us to play, we might lose by an innings right now. The guys have barely played any cricket. Afghanistan would have warmed up perfectly. There is a lot of pride at stake when we play them.

I would say Covid has actually hit us this time. The first time there were barely any cases. Right now out of 100 players at least 20 would test positive. That I can guarantee you.

We need at least a month of cricket first, hopefully they can start the bubble next month and play domestic matches and then from there the international teams come.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Postponed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlav ... postponed/
The whole world is coming out of Covid, I don't know why Zimbabwe is going into a lockdown now! May be covid struck them late, I don't know.

In any case ZC should have made this series happen, it is frustrating for players to sit idle for so long, they hardly get game time, you play a series once in 5 months and expect to be a good team, or a team on the up? Sorry but it won't happen.

Zimbabwe cricket is a lost cause unless something miraculous happens.