What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:12 am
Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Postponed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlav ... postponed/
The whole world is coming out of Covid, I don't know why Zimbabwe is going into a lockdown now! May be covid struck them late, I don't know.

In any case ZC should have made this series happen, it is frustrating for players to sit idle for so long, they hardly get game time, you play a series once in 5 months and expect to be a good team, or a team on the up? Sorry but it won't happen.

Zimbabwe cricket is a lost cause unless something miraculous happens.
Covid has hit us this time. Our lives were very normal until mid-December. You could go out to clubs etc with no mask and be fine. Then from there all hell broke loose. Ministers and other prominent people are dying every day. A 1 month delay isn’t the end of the world if you ask me.

The SRC and Kirsty Coventry rushed to ban all sports but the truth is cricket is the only sport with money to have a bubble. It would have looked very elitist if they just said cricket can continue. It’s up to Hami to get the boys playing again.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Par for the course that we get to hear about this through third parties. Whoever is employed as the media people in ZC does not have a taxing job. They do nothing..ever.
Bubble cricket and practice appear to work everywhere else but here.
Why decide at the 11th hour you haven't had enough preparation? Why not get to destination a week early and do what you can?
Nobody really obeys lockdown. People tone it down but they mingle with their close friends, many are working, commuting, shopping etc.
SA are supposedly in lockdown until April and I fear we will follow them. Unless everyone, and I mean everyone, stays at home and doesn't leave, this is a completely pointless exercise. It will never happen. People are jammed into commuters, shops, streets and houses with dirty masks hanging off their chins and life carries on.
There is a small minority that take it seriously and social distance and sanitize and take what precautions they can and many of them still contract covid, so what chance do the rest of the population have? I know several people that have had Covid twice. I'm guessing the first strain and now this second strain that seems to be easier to catch and possibly slightly more virulent.
Ivermectin is trading at a big premium and people are already on the veterinary stuff because of the shortage, a few are overdosing and getting sick.
One doctor is in big trouble for nebulizing people with colloidal silver and about to be made an example of.
I find that interesting, you can go to a traditional healer and he will tell you to cut off the left testicle of a hyena, boil it with eye of newt, tail of lizard and penis of owl and he's covered by legislation :lol:
Or pay your 10% tithe and have a pastor exercise your Covid demons.
I'm waiting for a couple of these thieving pastors to claim they have the cure, but sadly they're not sticking their necks out yet :lol: , someone will though, its too good an opportunity to miss. They just have to figure out how to get a mesmerised congregation together willing to part with cash and somehow not contract Covid.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes Googly, this lockdown thing doesn't work, I'm from Hyderabad, India, you come here and you'd get a feeling, Covid, what? People don't give a damn now. I was in Lucknow at the start of the year, and saw pretty much the same attitude there. We have had enough, this covid thing doesn't stop through lockdowns, it just spreads to a limit and then starts to decline. At least that is what I feel.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Lockdowns work if done properly and seriously. Countries like Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Australia, Vietnam, China either acted early to stop it getting in or did a serious lockdwn where no one can come in or out when they had the virus. I see some Zimbabwean friends going to Zanzibar etc on holiday and I shake my head.

To be fair Zim has done well to last this long and the more virulent south African strain + border jumpers make it quite difficult now.

Vaccinating is probably the main way out now for Zim and India

Googly

Post by Googly »

Lockdown CANNOT work in an impoverished Third World country with 94% unemployment. End of story.
We are governed by people who don't give a shit about us and who are going to make money out of our misery.

We will wait and see what scams arise from this vaccination thing, they will be rubbing their thieving hands together in glee.
I suspect a top down approach- leak it out to the panic stricken wealthy at $200 a shot and then slowly lower the price until no one else is prepared to pay. Then begrudgingly give free shots of the donated vaccines to people who can't.
Placebos to placate the disgruntled remainder.
The word needs to get out out that unless the vaccine is coming out of a metal container of liquid nitrogen then you're probably getting a contaminated saline solution shot.

Googly

Post by Googly »

99% of all our politicians fall into the high risk category- obese, over 70 (when life expectancy is 40), many have associated health issues from poor eating habits (diabetes 2 is very common) and curfew doesn't apply to them.
Body guards, millions, extraordinarily extravagant life styles and $200 000 cars can't protect them from a nasty little flu virus. Nice that they can also be gripped with fear and uncertainty just for a while. Welcome to our world :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:25 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:12 am
Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Postponed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlav ... postponed/
The whole world is coming out of Covid, I don't know why Zimbabwe is going into a lockdown now! May be covid struck them late, I don't know.

In any case ZC should have made this series happen, it is frustrating for players to sit idle for so long, they hardly get game time, you play a series once in 5 months and expect to be a good team, or a team on the up? Sorry but it won't happen.

Zimbabwe cricket is a lost cause unless something miraculous happens.
Covid has hit us this time. Our lives were very normal until mid-December. You could go out to clubs etc with no mask and be fine. Then from there all hell broke loose. Ministers and other prominent people are dying every day. A 1 month delay isn’t the end of the world if you ask me.

The SRC and Kirsty Coventry rushed to ban all sports but the truth is cricket is the only sport with money to have a bubble. It would have looked very elitist if they just said cricket can continue. It’s up to Hami to get the boys playing again.
Kirsty Coventry has sold her soul. She's lost all credibility with 99% of Zimbabweans.
You're not allowed to fish or play a two ball in golf but you can jam yourself 15 deep into a minibus that only legally takes 9 people, or stand in a queue 50 long to buy groceries.
The world has gone mad. In UK u can play competitive soccer but not much else.
In SA you can't go on the beach :lol: but the annual Xmas and New Year black pilgrimage to Durban beachfront of close to a million people is ok? :lol:
Dlamini Zuma's net worth is R1.6B, has banned all cigarette and alcohol sales and is the queen pin in all bootleg sales and no-one says a word. All are wondering how they can get in on the action, not at the sheer disgusting evil of it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They're playing cricket in SA yet this new strain that's affecting us came from there?? They're way more affected than us, don't believe otherwise.
ZC have been given an excuse not to play and they've jumped at it. :lol:
Kirsty Coventry will say anything she's told to, bought and paid for. She cant resign now or she hands the farm back :lol: Her only hope is to do so little that she's replaced and gets to keep what she's been given, she's well on her way.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

In the UK they can only play competitive soccer because It is in a bubble.

I am sure there is a lot of inconsistency in the rules in Zim, SA. Some rules (being followed) will still slow the virus than none though. I guess people have to get in a commuter bus etc to earn money but they don't need to play a two ball of golf.

But the UK should have done better (incompetent )

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 am
99% of all our politicians fall into the high risk category- obese, over 70 (when life expectancy is 40), many have associated health issues from poor eating habits (diabetes 2 is very common) and curfew doesn't apply to them.
Body guards, millions, extraordinarily extravagant life styles and $200 000 cars can't protect them from a nasty little flu virus. Nice that they can also be gripped with fear and uncertainty just for a while. Welcome to our world :lol:
Might be your opportunity to wipe them out.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*