What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, European countries and the US are still struggling despite vaccines being out for almost one and a half month now.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

So many conspiracy theories flying around here.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

UK really messed up without having hotel quarantine Sloandog. Having a lockdown but still allowing international flights is like allowing pissing in the shallow end of the pool.

What do you teach Sloandog?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:26 pm
UK really messed up without having hotel quarantine Sloandog. Having a lockdown but still allowing international flights is like allowing pissing in the shallow end of the pool.

What do you teach Sloandog?
Nice analogy
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Zimco wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:12 am
Ivermectin has not been approved or proved Googly.
https://youtu.be/rHPkR6QRcCc

Its 20 minutes long but well worth the time.

Well it seems to be working right here and most people I know are taking it and doctors have been given the go ahead to prescribe it, the fact is many were prescribing it illegally anyway. Most of southern Africa is turning to it and when they can't get the human version they're taking the liquid animal version. I'm yet to hear of a death of anyone that's used it.

Here's the other one-
https://mol.im/a/9189845
which we will never see here as its a first world drug, as are the mRNA vaccines.

The difference is through bitter experience we don't believe one word that comes from the mouth of anyone in authority, particularly a thieving politician, I guess you lads have a ways to go in that regard, hopefully the learning curve is not too drawn out :lol:
No conspiracy theories, just whats happening right here in front of us. Simple question- would you take a 3c tablet a day for 3 days that can do no harm if you were on your death bed in hospital or would you say it hasn't been approved? :lol: :lol:
Why won't governments issue them and see what happens? What is there to lose? Sometimes its worthwhile living in a shithole where you can bend the rules without having to wring your hands in anxiety that you might get into trouble if you survive.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

They just approved it here in Zim. The doctors are split 50/50 over its use. Let’s see what happens

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I teach in Wales these days (Economics and Politics), lockdown has been much stricter here than the rest of the UK even though rates are fairly low at the moment. The biggest issue is the lack of hospitals with the majority of Wales being rural, which reduces the number of cases needed to put the NHS under pressure.

Unlike Sloandog our schools are closed to nearly all but the very vulnerable kids with teachers not even being classed as key workers. The one good thing about Covid is that it has proved that online learning although much improved, is very limited in its impact, no chance of being replaced by robots in the near future.

The restrictions around my own club side last summer were ridiculous, had to sanitise the ball every 7 overs with no spectators allowed (not that it stopped anyone from turning up).

I see light at the end of the tunnel, the vaccine programme appears to be going fairly well (although a little behind in Wales), I am hopeful that life will be different by the start of May but we shall see.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

A lot of countries felt they could do the bare minimum and it would go way. They felt that they could still allow international flights. They felt that they could allow people to quarantine at home and they would do the right thing. They felt that they could ease restrictions if numbers fell after one day. They felt they could start international sports and allow fans back so quickly...yes UK, I'm looking at you for a lot of this. You can't half ass a response to a pandemic.

In Aus and NZ, when we locked down, we locked down. International flights were restricted, and if you flew in you went to hotel quarantine. People jumped on getting tests done. We didn't open up sports to the whole country. The sports we did restart were played in bubbles. We didn't have the teams travelling all over the place and taking part in continental competitions. People followed the guidelines and stuck to mask wearing, social distancing, and staying at home. Yeah, we had issues with toilet paper hoarders and such, but we quashed it, and now we are pretty much back to a state of normality. Take QLD for example. We had the new SA and Uk strain enter in hotel quarantine. It got to a hotel worker, bang, straight up 3 day lockdown. Track everyone and find any others infected. Only one other was. Thousands of tests were done, all negative. Lockdown is over and back to normal. Yeah we have our conspiracy nuts and idiots who think COVID is a hoax or what not, but because of the good work done by most leaders and majority of the population, those small crowds don't affect us. We've had cases arise from them, but our hospital system is not overwhelmed so we are coping.

Vaccines are not the be all and end all. We have to change our attitudes and our way of doing things. I see videos of people hosting baby showers and going to the pub whilst the UK is in this lockdown, and that is the issue. If you keep trying to circumvent these laws, then it doesn't matter how quickly you try to roll out the vaccine, you will always be playing catch up. It will keep getting passed on and on. UK kept their borders open and continued to allow flights. The EPL is carrying on like normal with teams travelling up and down the country and fans were allowed back in too, when numbers are still high. Even with low to zero numbers, we have restrictions on how many people can gather at venues. Then you take in to account the continental matches and the international matches that take place. Players, coaches, staff, media, flying all over the continent and the world for meaningless friendlies. It's one step forward, 3 steps back.

Nate646

Post by Nate646 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:41 pm
They just approved it here in Zim. The doctors are split 50/50 over its use. Let’s see what happens
Desperate times I guess, South Africa has also approved it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why can't you have a covid test upon arrival instead of a 10-14 day hotel quarantine? That's effectively saying the covid tests don't work very well. When they spit out the stats on how fast its spreading they should attach the proviso that the figures are bullshit. My mate was doing business in Addis, was tested positive for departure, forged a negative certificate, got back home and had 4 tests over 4 days here and they were all negative.
Are all African countries going to sell their countries to China for cheap alternative vaccines because as sure as hell we're not going to see the fancy mRNA vaccines any time soon unless they develop a freeze dried powder form that can be reconstituted. At what point will these big companies make them affordable, how many billions do they need?
All indications are that immunity doesn't last so are we in for bi-annual or annual boosters? That's not happening in any African country, it's unaffordable and impossible to implement.
The virus is mutating, yet they're saying vaccines should provide a defence, there i smell bullshit. They're saying the mRNA vaccines attack the protein envelope which remains the same, yet antibody counts decrease rapidly over mere months and there's already evidence that its only 50% effective against the SA strain.
Its here to stay for the foreseeable future and its going to keep mutating. Do First World countries prevent travel from Third World where prevention protocols will never be the same?
For me one solution to safe travel is making the airlines responsible. An immediate and accurate test needs to be developed. You test at the airport on departure and at arrival. The arrival test to be administered by the government and if anyone is positive the airline is fined and is responsible for repatriating the traveler or paying for their quarantine. Payment for testing being the responsibility if the passenger.
There's only one reason i can see for a low risk person to vaccinate against a disease that they will barely notice , and that's to prevent a high risk person from contracting the disease, but if the high risk person has already been vaccinated then what's the purpose of the low risk one getting the jab? This does not stack up at all.

Somebody explain to me why they would not release Ivermectin (for example, and more drugs will surface), a medicine that has been around for decades and is completely safe and may well fix the problem. These f#$% ridiculous trials of 2000 people are a disgrace when people are dying. Give it to the sick alongside any other "legal" medicine and we will know in mere days if it works on European and American people. Nobody is going to die from taking five 3c tablets over 5 days when they're about to die anyway. It works on us African and Indian folk, but maybe you guys are different. :lol:
Are the Europeans waiting to see if the African guinea pigs do well on Ivermectin? :lol:
My suggestion is they recommend other cheap stuff to take as well because we will try anything. If I'm in hospital and the outlook is not looking good and my quack says let's try hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, colchicine (yes!) crushed and chopped into a line and snorted through a $100 bill and chased with a Johnny Walker then I'm up for it, I'm not going to say the NHS says it might be dangerous and it may not work.
I might try that concoction anyway, sounds interesting.