What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I'd say PAK are a mid-major side, to use lingo from American college sports.

India-AUS-ENG are the majors. SA-NZ-PAK are like mid-majors, with the potential to slip further down based on performance. NZ certianly perform at or above the level of the majors (on pace to make WTC Final).

BD-SL-WI are in like a third tier. Afghans are in this tier in white ball cricket.

Then its ZIM-AFG-IRE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:16 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:23 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:25 am
A full and competitive domestic season is a good start for me. There are a lot of young talents around this time. I think we will have a very different squad at the end of it
You have way more faith in this board than I do. I don't know how you do it.

I think it’s much more safe to believe that the main goal of the people running ZC is to get their hands on that annual 9mil/4mil grant from the ICC, so they can siphon it out and embezzle.
That is key goal number one and cricket is just a backdrop to that. Think about all the examples over the years.
Cricket operations happen just enough to not jeapordise that grant. If they could get that grant with only half the standards needed as now, they would float just above that too.

The good things you see out of Zimbabwean cricket is usually from the passion of the people involved on the ground. Fans of the game. Independent of ZC. Cricket is a sport and sport is like music and art. People follow it out of love. Take those people on the ground away and there really is not much happening from ZC at all.
"As part of stringent conditions, all ZC contracts first go through auditors who scrutinise every agreement before they send it to the ICC for inclusion in the payroll. The contracts for the players run from November this year until April 2021."

"The delay is caused by the process that is involved, the auditors have to review every player contract before they send the payroll to the ICC. All players should have signed and sent back their contracts for the process to start."

I guess this shades more light on who is in charge of the Money at ZC strange but comforting to know ICC has put in place some stringent arrangements to reduce the amount of money lost to any kind of corruption.Basically ICC is in charge of the kitty.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:27 am
Looks like we don't get a chance to play any of the bigger nations. Sounds like Pak are stuck with us forever because we agreed to tour them back in 2015.

I was really hoping the Aus series would be rescheduled.
Definitely they will reschedule that series bcz that series is part of the super league and indian team will travel to zim in 2021

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimlover wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:21 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

I think it’s much more safe to believe that the main goal of the people running ZC is to get their hands on that annual 9mil/4mil grant from the ICC, so they can siphon it out and embezzle.
That is key goal number one and cricket is just a backdrop to that. Think about all the examples over the years.
Cricket operations happen just enough to not jeapordise that grant. If they could get that grant with only half the standards needed as now, they would float just above that too.

The good things you see out of Zimbabwean cricket is usually from the passion of the people involved on the ground. Fans of the game. Independent of ZC. Cricket is a sport and sport is like music and art. People follow it out of love. Take those people on the ground away and there really is not much happening from ZC at all.
"As part of stringent conditions, all ZC contracts first go through auditors who scrutinise every agreement before they send it to the ICC for inclusion in the payroll. The contracts for the players run from November this year until April 2021."

"The delay is caused by the process that is involved, the auditors have to review every player contract before they send the payroll to the ICC. All players should have signed and sent back their contracts for the process to start."

I guess this shades more light on who is in charge of the Money at ZC strange but comforting to know ICC has put in place some stringent arrangements to reduce the amount of money lost to any kind of corruption.Basically ICC is in charge of the kitty.
There would still be ways but yes, the opportunities would be much thinner.
I’m guessing they would invent the odd problem like a leaking toilet, and pay kissmore the plumber above and beyond what’s required. ICC would struggle to keep tabs there. Things like that.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

As per reports on local websites regarding India's 2021 schedule, India will tour Zimbabwe in July for 3 ODIs which are part of ODI Super league.

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

Doesn't sound like there will be a Zim-Ireland Test in 2021.

https://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABASE/ ... 1419.shtml

Googly

Post by Googly »

zimlover wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:21 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Well in that case ICC are part of the problem if they see fancy packages for the hierarchy and more than half the players on $300 a month for 6 months only. How would they justify that?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cric ... -busy-2021

As per this story, Bangladesh are still scheduled for a full tour of Zimbabwe in June (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is). Hopefully, the Tests don't get cut down to 1 match, or cancelled entirely.

If the AFG Tests switch to away series, then perhaps it makes it easier financially to host BD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:45 pm
https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cric ... -busy-2021

As per this story, Bangladesh are still scheduled for a full tour of Zimbabwe in June (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is). Hopefully, the Tests don't get cut down to 1 match, or cancelled entirely.

If the AFG Tests switch to away series, then perhaps it makes it easier financially to host BD.
I really hope the two tests go ahead, it’s been way too long since Bangladesh toured Zimbabwe, over 8 years by the time this series comes around which is unbelievable when you consider Zim has toured Bangladesh about 10 times during this time.

You would hosting Bangladesh would be profitable? Aren’t there billions of Bangladeshis all over the world who are cricket mad?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Yeah, how come Bangladesh and Pakistan aren't bog money spinners? Those countries are cricket-mad and have big populations.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes