What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Googly »

Not being allowed to play golf is patently ridiculous.
The people that make the rules up are brainless and those that enforce them even more so. All that's required is one small grain of common sense. In SA if you walk onto an abandoned beach and go for a swim with noone within a km of you you're handcuffed, with no mask and bundled into a police van with a half dozen other "criminals" and driven like a murderer down to a crowded police station for processing where you are now at genuine risk and the authorities do not see the ridiculousness of that.

In reality bubbles are soft speak for this sport is exempt. Youre always going to be in contact with someone outside of it, either downwind or have touched a surface someone else outside of the bubble has. Thats a concrete fact.
A 25 year old fit cricketer is going to get sicker by drinking half a bottle of Russian vodka than by contracting Covid.
Do they want herd immunity or don't they?

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Herd immunity for covid, except through vaccines, is nonsense as people can get covid more than once and a percentage of the population, including many health workers, will die before everyone got it. Also long covid.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So you think Gov is going to vaccinate every single person in SA and Zim? :lol: That implies lockdown until that day.
Old age will get you before covid does.

I'm no anti vaxxer, but I will be at the back of the queue. I am going to wait to see what happens to vaccinated people 12 months down the line before I think of a jab.

Plus read Sky News, they're already saying that scientists are skeptical that this vaccine will work against the new strain.
I'm happier to get the old strain, the new strain and any other strain before I become party to this nonsense.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just been with a lady who works for the SA treasury. SA were given 20 million vaccines gratis, and lo and behold they've disappeared. Clearly they've found a home where someone will pay top dollar for them. Assume a discounted price of $50, a couple of fat cats are about to share one billion dollars!
They're worth hundreds of millions already, but it's never enuf.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The guys that get away with this will be lauded for their entrepreneurial skills and will be given a Ginimbi-like send off when they pass to the next world.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The boss of Pfizer hasn't had his vaccine yet :lol:
Maybe I'll get the jab after him and my GP, who is as skeptical as I. :lol:

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:11 pm
So you think Gov is going to vaccinate every single person in SA and Zim? :lol: That implies lockdown until that day.
Old age will get you before covid does.

I'm no anti vaxxer, but I will be at the back of the queue. I am going to wait to see what happens to vaccinated people 12 months down the line before I think of a jab.

Plus read Sky News, they're already saying that scientists are skeptical that this vaccine will work against the new strain.
I'm happier to get the old strain, the new strain and any other strain before I become party to this nonsense.
Yes I think Zim will vaccinate everyone or most at risk people (at least all medical staff), the Chinese will donate some vaccines as will COVAX.

Skynews is hardly a neutral news source, very right wing. I have read they may have to remake the vaccine for a new strain. Africa may get less powerful vaccines which is possible.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The irony of China buying more Third World countries with a vaccine for the disease they unleashed. Please stop and think for a second about the deals and trade-offs before they send us 16 million vaccines. It will have to be a traditional vaccine that requires minimal refrigeration and I'm not taking it on principle, ever!!!
Until the world boycotts every last thing these MF's offer they will continue their inexorable journey to re-colonizing Africa and any other susceptible country.

Can you name me another neutral news source other than ZBC?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Meanwhile on actual topic 🙂 looks like the tour is still on, just that it may get delayed by a few weeks.

Googly

Post by Googly »

By that logic that would mean the Australia tour is still on the cards. :lol: