What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Bangladesh and Pakistan would probably be the next most lucrative teams to host after the Big 3. At least you'd guess that.

The thing is broadcast and commercial value is probably based on both market size as well as market wealth. India is on average a very poor country (its per capita GDP is now even lower than Bangladesh's), but it has a huge population and a huge middle class. By that token, Pakistan and Bangladesh should be more financially attractive to host than Australia or England. But they aren't for other reasons. For example, Australia and somewhat less so England provide a country like New Zealand a historic rivalry based on shared origins, culture, history. That doesn't exist in NZ-PAK or NZ-BD or even NZ-IND bilaterals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Due to this what going to happen. Will domestic competition stop?
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-01-03-12-21-14-96_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-03-12-21-14-96_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg (296.86 KiB) Viewed 1820 times

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

T20 Comp has been postponed. Afghan tour still expected to happen.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Covid is really kicking off here. I know plenty of people who currently have it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Schools closed until further notice as well

Googly

Post by Googly »

I know a lot of youngsters that have had it or have it and its been largely a non event for them, but there have been some tragedies amongst the older folk.
There's a New Year party video doing the rounds of a jump up in Mbare, reminds me of the despicable crowd on Durban beach front all chanting Corona Corona because they thought it was a whites only disease. Unbelievably irresponsible behaviour.
Rumour has it that this new strain is having a greater effect on the younger generation than the previous strain.

15 people died in the Xmas queue of people trying to get back into Zim at Beitbridge, now the South Africans have got police and airforce helicopters patrolling the limpopo rounding up the Zimbabweans trying to get the f%$ out of here. Those black South Africans do not like us!!!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:54 am
T20 Comp has been postponed. Afghan tour still expected to happen.
I hope it goes through, it is an away tour anyways so should go ahead.

I think Zimbabwe only have home series starting from April, things should be OK by then.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I tested positive for COVID myself back in November. Was down for about 3-4 days. Incidentally, both I and Mominul Haque tested positive within about 48 hours of each other haha. I think we recovered in about the same time and had the same mild symptoms as well.

I wonder which cricketers have had COVID so far. Quite a few Bangladeshi players have tested positive in the past few months...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Any latest update on Zimbabwe - Afghanistan series folks? Last I heard was that the series will go ahead in Oman.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:51 am
Any latest update on Zimbabwe - Afghanistan series folks? Last I heard was that the series will go ahead in Oman.
Yeah in February
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement