What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Who are next in the WCSL fixtures? And when/who is the next Test series?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 pm
Afghanistan Tests early next year

WSL against Pakistan in April I think?

With the news earlier this year that ZC had cleared their debt, I was hoping for more fixtures. But the news from john Ward that they are back to waiting for funds before even the Logan Cup can start, I doubt we see any cricket for the national team until 2021.

2020 really promised to be a big year for Zimbabwe, but like everything else this year covid killed it
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:38 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:

With the news earlier this year that ZC had cleared their debt, I was hoping for more fixtures. But the news from john Ward that they are back to waiting for funds before even the Logan Cup can start, I doubt we see any cricket for the national team until 2021.

2020 really promised to be a big year for Zimbabwe, but like everything else this year covid killed it
You can't play PAK again in an actual SL fixture since you just played them. Afghan Tests should be a great contest...is it in ZIM or in India/UAE? I think BD were scheduled to tour ZIM for a Test(s) in the Southern winter (June/July), but with COVID who knows what will happen.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

It’s much better the ICC slowly releases these funds than give them the full amounts. Trust me. It’s the only way we survive

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

A full and competitive domestic season is a good start for me. There are a lot of young talents around this time. I think we will have a very different squad at the end of it

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Cannot play Pakistan twice n WSL, you play 8 other teams of which Pakistan is done. They have test and T20s scheduled against Pak.

Zimbabwe got India, Aus and Afg fixtures from WSL that didn't happen this yr, so obviously they will have to happen at some point next yr, they also play Netherlands and Bangladesh I believe next yr.

COVID will ideally subside next yr and we should be good to get games in, even with crowd id say.

Believe me in India now no one gives a shit about COVID, ppl r going about their business as usual.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Today during India Australia game, India's overseas tours schedule for 2021 was being shown, Zimbabwe, England and South Africa were the 3 overseas tours listed.

SO I guess Zimbos will face India in June/July may be.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The standard whistle stop warm up before they head down South. Thats a big bonus for us, I hope India don't try and wiggle out of it.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:07 pm
The standard whistle stop warm up before they head down South. Thats a big bonus for us, I hope India don't try and wiggle out of it.
They can’t it’s part of the Super League.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Irish media are reporting that Ireland and Zimbabwe will meet in a home and away series this year.
Ireland are due to return to Zimbabwe in March for the ODIs and T20s which were cancelled by Covid-19 last April
That will be followed by a visit from South Africa for three ODIs and three T20s, and, hopefully, Pakistan in July, with Zimbabwe also due to travel in August for three ODIs and five T20s.