What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD
Posts: 5078
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:01 pm
Players going into the" Bubble" tomorrow apparently. No idea who is in the training squad.
They need to play intra-squad 2 or 3 day matches. Several of them if the series proper isn't until March.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

zimfan1
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Wales (Pembrokeshire)

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by zimfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:45 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:01 pm
Players going into the" Bubble" tomorrow apparently. No idea who is in the training squad.
They need to play intra-squad 2 or 3 day matches. Several of them if the series proper isn't until March.
They are playing the regional games.

zimfan1
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Wales (Pembrokeshire)

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by zimfan1 »

I just almost fainted, apparently ZC are live streaming the Pakistan Zimbabwe ladies internationals :o

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 5078
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:42 am

Also the dem controlled states got hit the worst. LA majority have had it for example. States in America are kind of run like countries.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... klast7days

The above link has data from the last 7 days...but the above statement is largely incorrect.

Take the biggest Dem-controlled states of NY, Cali, and Illinois for example in terms of cases per 100,000 population.

NY - 7300
CA - 8200
IL - 8900

And other major Dem states:

NJ - 7800
MA - 7300
CO - 6800
PA - 6600
WA - 4100
OR - 3400
MI - 6100

Thats basically it, Dems control a very small number of states - it just those handful of states have 70% of the US population.

Now lets compare with the traditional GOP states:

TX - 8100
TN - 10,600
AL - 9300
MS - 9200
OK - 9900
MT - 8800
WY - 8900
AK - 9800
SC - 8500

So the Right wing states actually have more cases per capita - but because they have much smaller populations (Montana 1 million versus California 40 million) it appears as though they are handling the pandemic better.
FL - 7800
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8910
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:43 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:42 am

Also the dem controlled states got hit the worst. LA majority have had it for example. States in America are kind of run like countries.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... klast7days

The above link has data from the last 7 days...but the above statement is largely incorrect.

Take the biggest Dem-controlled states of NY, Cali, and Illinois for example in terms of cases per 100,000 population.

NY - 7300
CA - 8200
IL - 8900

And other major Dem states:

NJ - 7800
MA - 7300
CO - 6800
PA - 6600
WA - 4100
OR - 3400
MI - 6100

Thats basically it, Dems control a very small number of states - it just those handful of states have 70% of the US population.

Now lets compare with the traditional GOP states:

TX - 8100
TN - 10,600
AL - 9300
MS - 9200
OK - 9900
MT - 8800
WY - 8900
AK - 9800
SC - 8500

So the Right wing states actually have more cases per capita - but because they have much smaller populations (Montana 1 million versus California 40 million) it appears as though they are handling the pandemic better.
FL - 7800

I’ve asked this before but can’t we have a seperate thread for Covid/ politics?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zimco
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Zimco »

I think that would be a good idea

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:43 am
Countries like Taiwan, FInland, Vietnam, New Zealand, and Australia have all proven that lockdowns done properly can be short term and allow countries and economies to respond and get back on their feet much much quicker than we are made to believe. The argument that lock downs do not work is factually proven wrong through evidence.
Before we start sucking each other off just yet,
Something that needs to be raised, and is quite serious in my opinion, is the 39k Aussies stuck overseas.
When you lock your own people out of their country, its alot easier to say 'we have eradicated the virus'. but at what cost?
i run into homeless Australians now who are homeless because they simply cant get back. I am ok and have a job and everything, but if there is one thing that keeps me up at night is the thought i lose my job/associated visa and am in limbo.
it is a human rights violation and I am amazed that countries havent pushed back on oz to take their people off their hands. i know two aussies that got deported. ones still here but cant legally work but is being babysat while OZ gets their shit together, and the other was forced to leave the shenghen because there was no evidence he tried to look for a ticket, which would have been futile.
he is now broke and in Britain on a last second flight in a hostel.
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.30.10.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.30.10.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 289 times
Some picture proof for yall.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1850
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:30 am

Before we start sucking each other off just yet,
Something that needs to be raised, and is quite serious in my opinion, is the 39k Aussies stuck overseas.
When you lock your own people out of their country, its alot easier to say 'we have eradicated the virus'. but at what cost?
i run into homeless Australians now who are homeless because they simply cant get back. I am ok and have a job and everything, but if there is one thing that keeps me up at night is the thought i lose my job/associated visa and am in limbo.
it is a human rights violation and I am amazed that countries havent pushed back on oz to take their people off their hands. i know two aussies that got deported. ones still here but cant legally work but is being babysat while OZ gets their shit together, and the other was forced to leave the shenghen because there was no evidence he tried to look for a ticket, which would have been futile.
he is now broke and in Britain on a last second flight in a hostel.
On this topic, you're preaching to the choir. If you asked all Australians and the state leaders, they would love to get Aussies stranded abroad back home. Our shit stain of a federal government though thinks otherwise. Some state leaders have asked for an increase in the quota to allow their residents back, but the federal govt has not allowed this. The Aus Open was another sticky point because tennis players were flown in on chartered planes, yet Aussies are stuck abroad. It's becoming a real issue that isn't being addressed properly.

This is a totally separate issue to the point of numbers and handling of COVID within the country, but if you ask most Australians, they would 100% agree that the govt has screwed up in terms of getting its own residents back home.

Jemisi
Posts: 7677
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Jemisi »

I think several states have been resistant to taking any returnees.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:30 am

Before we start sucking each other off just yet,
Something that needs to be raised, and is quite serious in my opinion, is the 39k Aussies stuck overseas.
When you lock your own people out of their country, its alot easier to say 'we have eradicated the virus'. but at what cost?
i run into homeless Australians now who are homeless because they simply cant get back. I am ok and have a job and everything, but if there is one thing that keeps me up at night is the thought i lose my job/associated visa and am in limbo.
it is a human rights violation and I am amazed that countries havent pushed back on oz to take their people off their hands. i know two aussies that got deported. ones still here but cant legally work but is being babysat while OZ gets their shit together, and the other was forced to leave the shenghen because there was no evidence he tried to look for a ticket, which would have been futile.
he is now broke and in Britain on a last second flight in a hostel.
On this topic, you're preaching to the choir. If you asked all Australians and the state leaders, they would love to get Aussies stranded abroad back home. Our shit stain of a federal government though thinks otherwise. Some state leaders have asked for an increase in the quota to allow their residents back, but the federal govt has not allowed this. The Aus Open was another sticky point because tennis players were flown in on chartered planes, yet Aussies are stuck abroad. It's becoming a real issue that isn't being addressed properly.

This is a totally separate issue to the point of numbers and handling of COVID within the country, but if you ask most Australians, they would 100% agree that the govt has screwed up in terms of getting its own residents back home.
Thanks.
Abroad, it’s hard to gauge the feeling.
What you say is very encouraging, but if you go through any comment section on any talk about it on any Facebook article, it’s littered with ‘no sympathy, they chose to stay overseas’ or ‘Morrison told us to come back and gave three months notice, it’s their fault’ and so forth. It infuriates me, because the Aussies stick overseas aren’t people who were doing a Contiki tour through Greece and got sloppy. They are people who had to visit somewhere for an emergency, or who had been trying desperately to return since March last year, or had work contracts that have either expired or they have lost their job through Covid redundancy or any likeminded reason.
I know guys who have been deported but just floating unable to leave but unable to legally work. Form what I understand they often cancel (high priced) tickets at the last minute and don’t refund for months so people who have done that a couple of times are broke.
It’s a serious issue.
People may have been told to come home, but they were also told to stay put if you had reason to stay put to not clog the system.
I was cool with it all up until I realised that not only is it not going to be eased but it’s getting more strict,this won’t be changing anytime before next Summer. That’s too much.
It is a human right violation to lock the door on your own citizens to make them stateless.
Even IF they just made a mistake and did ignore the warning on a holiday, this punishment is ridiculous.
State leaders and Feds are in agreement and they pacify the people by saying they are looking after Australians IN Australia and that has seemed to work so far, but the tide is turning I think.

You know they are letting in a magic act from the USA in March? Some brother duo I hadn’t heard of. That and the Aussie open is ridiculous.

I just can’t believe I’m witnessing this at all.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply