What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8910
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by jaybro »

Since this thread is just a random shit thread now, the Australian tour of South Africa has been called off due to Covid pandemic in the African country

New Zealand v India in the test world championship
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:55 am
Since this thread is just a random shit thread now, the Australian tour of South Africa has been called off due to Covid pandemic in the African country

New Zealand v India in the test world championship
Based on the outcome of India-England series, Australia or England can still qualify. NZL are definitely through.

Dissappointing decision by CA, not at all happy as a cricket fan.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1850
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks.
Abroad, it’s hard to gauge the feeling.
What you say is very encouraging, but if you go through any comment section on any talk about it on any Facebook article, it’s littered with ‘no sympathy, they chose to stay overseas’ or ‘Morrison told us to come back and gave three months notice, it’s their fault’ and so forth. It infuriates me, because the Aussies stick overseas aren’t people who were doing a Contiki tour through Greece and got sloppy. They are people who had to visit somewhere for an emergency, or who had been trying desperately to return since March last year, or had work contracts that have either expired or they have lost their job through Covid redundancy or any likeminded reason.
I know guys who have been deported but just floating unable to leave but unable to legally work. Form what I understand they often cancel (high priced) tickets at the last minute and don’t refund for months so people who have done that a couple of times are broke.
It’s a serious issue.
People may have been told to come home, but they were also told to stay put if you had reason to stay put to not clog the system.
I was cool with it all up until I realised that not only is it not going to be eased but it’s getting more strict,this won’t be changing anytime before next Summer. That’s too much.
It is a human right violation to lock the door on your own citizens to make them stateless.
Even IF they just made a mistake and did ignore the warning on a holiday, this punishment is ridiculous.
State leaders and Feds are in agreement and they pacify the people by saying they are looking after Australians IN Australia and that has seemed to work so far, but the tide is turning I think.

You know they are letting in a magic act from the USA in March? Some brother duo I hadn’t heard of. That and the Aussie open is ridiculous.

I just can’t believe I’m witnessing this at all.
Yeah. They let in certain groups or the tennis players because they feel it is important for the economy. It's why a lot of the cricket series have gone ahead but as we have seen, the series in SA has been cancelled because of fears. The LNP would love to open up the whole country I feel, but they would rather care about the economy first, so they would not do that. They would rather leave people abroad than affect their "black" status in the economy. That's all the federal government cares about.

In saying that, I work in travel and I know for a fact that some people travelled out of the country when they were not advised to, and some people did not come back as soon as they were told to. Even if citizens were to return home, they would need to quarantine in a hotel, so the control of the virus would still be the same and our numbers would still be around where they are, so it would be unfair to say that if all these citizens returned home, cases would spike.

Overall, all Australians generally agree that citizens should be prioritised to return home, and that the government is not doing enough to bring these people home.

TapsC2
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by TapsC2 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks.
Abroad, it’s hard to gauge the feeling.
What you say is very encouraging, but if you go through any comment section on any talk about it on any Facebook article, it’s littered with ‘no sympathy, they chose to stay overseas’ or ‘Morrison told us to come back and gave three months notice, it’s their fault’ and so forth. It infuriates me, because the Aussies stick overseas aren’t people who were doing a Contiki tour through Greece and got sloppy. They are people who had to visit somewhere for an emergency, or who had been trying desperately to return since March last year, or had work contracts that have either expired or they have lost their job through Covid redundancy or any likeminded reason.
I know guys who have been deported but just floating unable to leave but unable to legally work. Form what I understand they often cancel (high priced) tickets at the last minute and don’t refund for months so people who have done that a couple of times are broke.
It’s a serious issue.
People may have been told to come home, but they were also told to stay put if you had reason to stay put to not clog the system.
I was cool with it all up until I realised that not only is it not going to be eased but it’s getting more strict,this won’t be changing anytime before next Summer. That’s too much.
It is a human right violation to lock the door on your own citizens to make them stateless.
Even IF they just made a mistake and did ignore the warning on a holiday, this punishment is ridiculous.
State leaders and Feds are in agreement and they pacify the people by saying they are looking after Australians IN Australia and that has seemed to work so far, but the tide is turning I think.

You know they are letting in a magic act from the USA in March? Some brother duo I hadn’t heard of. That and the Aussie open is ridiculous.

I just can’t believe I’m witnessing this at all.
Yeah. They let in certain groups or the tennis players because they feel it is important for the economy. It's why a lot of the cricket series have gone ahead but as we have seen, the series in SA has been cancelled because of fears. The LNP would love to open up the whole country I feel, but they would rather care about the economy first, so they would not do that. They would rather leave people abroad than affect their "black" status in the economy. That's all the federal government cares about.

In saying that, I work in travel and I know for a fact that some people travelled out of the country when they were not advised to, and some people did not come back as soon as they were told to. Even if citizens were to return home, they would need to quarantine in a hotel, so the control of the virus would still be the same and our numbers would still be around where they are, so it would be unfair to say that if all these citizens returned home, cases would spike.

Overall, all Australians generally agree that citizens should be prioritised to return home, and that the government is not doing enough to bring these people home.
Can you really say you beat COVID if you don’t let your own citizens back into their own country? I’m surprised nobody has taken them to court because that is 100% unconstitutional. It’s a tough one but I know many countries considered that at the beginning of the pandemic but were advised that they can’t do that.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8910
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 am


Based on the outcome of India-England series, Australia or England can still qualify. NZL are definitely through.

Dissappointing decision by CA, not at all happy as a cricket fan.
That seems to be the feeling by people overseas that Australia have acted hastily here by postponing this series due to the Covid-19 situation in South Africa, which can be only described as disastrous. I've found many Indians on twitter referring back to the strict protocols the Indian team faced in Australia in comparison to the decision by CA to postpone this series, which doesn't really make sense at all.

Australia as a country has taken Covid-19 very seriously and has done an excellent job keeping it under control, due directly to the strict protocols and restrictions, this is why team India had to follow and abide by such rules whilst touring here. CA has now deemed South Africa not safe enough due to the current situation which is totally inline with how the government has dealt with the virus.

I don't understand why the feeling out of India is that Australia are contradicting themselves, when in truth they are being very consistent.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zimco
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by Zimco »

If citizens return home cases can spike and the economy and people can be inconvienced. Look at the security guard who got infected in Perth and now there is a 5 day lockdown.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be bought back. the problem is the states are having to hotel quarantine in cities. The federal gov should use the army to quarantine people in more remote areas.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1850
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:40 am

Can you really say you beat COVID if you don’t let your own citizens back into their own country? I’m surprised nobody has taken them to court because that is 100% unconstitutional. It’s a tough one but I know many countries considered that at the beginning of the pandemic but were advised that they can’t do that.
Zimco wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:20 am
If citizens return home cases can spike and the economy and people can be inconvienced. Look at the security guard who got infected in Perth and now there is a 5 day lockdown.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be bought back. the problem is the states are having to hotel quarantine in cities. The federal gov should use the army to quarantine people in more remote areas.
People think that if a case exists in a hotel, then it exists in the community. The aim is to limit or end community transmission. So yes, one can say they beat COVID if that is not happening. Yes the guard got it, and there is the risk that if a hotel worker gets it, it can get out to the community. This is why states have been moving to change rules with regards to hotel workers to support them and look after them. Bear in mind though, here in QLD we had a similar issue. Hotel worker got the UK strain. We had a 3 day lock down (which is nothing really) and we have had no community transmission. So yes, there is the risk of a hotel worker getting it and it possibly spreading, but if you have proper protocols in place, effective contact tracing and people who follow the rules, you essentially stamp it out. Seeing as we did not have community transmission from out case, I guess we can say it was beat.

The federal government don't want to spend money. Like I said, they only care about their bank balance, not about investing the money in such things. Frydenberg is all about a positive bank balance that he can't bear to spend any money on the little guy. Bringing back our citizens should be a priority, and we have the space and resources to set up proper quarantine areas for returning arrivals. They do not even have to travel too far out of the city radius.

jaybro wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:43 am

That seems to be the feeling by people overseas that Australia have acted hastily here by postponing this series due to the Covid-19 situation in South Africa, which can be only described as disastrous. I've found many Indians on twitter referring back to the strict protocols the Indian team faced in Australia in comparison to the decision by CA to postpone this series, which doesn't really make sense at all.

Australia as a country has taken Covid-19 very seriously and has done an excellent job keeping it under control, due directly to the strict protocols and restrictions, this is why team India had to follow and abide by such rules whilst touring here. CA has now deemed South Africa not safe enough due to the current situation which is totally inline with how the government has dealt with the virus.

I don't understand why the feeling out of India is that Australia are contradicting themselves, when in truth they are being very consistent.
The thing is, you come to Aus, particularly at this time, you have to follow the rules. India just thinks they are above everyone when it comes to cricket. Not sure I support the Aus decision not to travel because I have not looked in to it too much, but if we did travel to SA, I would expect us to follow their rules to the tee. I know the domestic ODI comp is on in SA, so it would be interesting to see what they are doing with their teams a bubble or something. I think CA would have looked at the issue with the England tour to SA and considering the SA team are in Pakistan right now. SA's last game is 14 Feb in Pakistan. Aus were due to travel on 20 Feb I believe. Can't imagine they would have made them endure a 14 day quarantine and also have kept the SA players in a bubble for longer than them.

sam_ahm
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by sam_ahm »

Nothing to do with India guys, we are not the only ones saying this, Vaughan, KP, Behardien, many players have tweeted about why Aussies shouldn't have called off the tour.

It's not like proteas are going there and spreading the virus, the Aussie squad would have been in a bio secure bubble and could have quarentined after going to Australia. This is the new normal anyways.

As of now, we don't know when covid will end completely, it has already been 14 months since it started, it's time we do what we do while taking precautions, can't allow this thing to control our lives.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 8910
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:42 am
Nothing to do with India guys, we are not the only ones saying this, Vaughan, KP, Behardien, many players have tweeted about why Aussies shouldn't have called off the tour.

It's not like proteas are going there and spreading the virus, the Aussie squad would have been in a bio secure bubble and could have quarentined after going to Australia. This is the new normal anyways.

As of now, we don't know when covid will end completely, it has already been 14 months since it started, it's time we do what we do while taking precautions, can't allow this thing to control our lives.
No you’re right the English and South Africans are saying the same thing, and guess what ? They’re fucked too when it comes to Covid-19!

The England tour was a disaster as players kept testing positive before the series got called off, people can criticise as much as they like, but the facts are Australia has handled the pandemic very well and kept it under control.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:15 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:42 am
Nothing to do with India guys, we are not the only ones saying this, Vaughan, KP, Behardien, many players have tweeted about why Aussies shouldn't have called off the tour.

It's not like proteas are going there and spreading the virus, the Aussie squad would have been in a bio secure bubble and could have quarentined after going to Australia. This is the new normal anyways.

As of now, we don't know when covid will end completely, it has already been 14 months since it started, it's time we do what we do while taking precautions, can't allow this thing to control our lives.
No you’re right the English and South Africans are saying the same thing, and guess what ? They’re fucked too when it comes to Covid-19!

The England tour was a disaster as players kept testing positive before the series got called off, people can criticise as much as they like, but the facts are Australia has handled the pandemic very well and kept it under control.
So did North Korea when they shot all the positive cases as is rumoured.

Sometimes the solution is worse than the disease.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply