Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

besides an offhand isolated comment framed as an opinion, wheres the evidence he has? And what was it based on?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I'm not sure Jarvis is a huge loss, he wasn't exactly bowling us to victory all that often, and at 31 he isn't really the future.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Dogg I am not sure I follow you but if your question was about zimfan1, I have found my nearly namesake to be one of the most clued in guys on the forum. He is often ahead of the curve.

I wonder if Jarvis just got fucked off being injured all the time. He had that back thing when he was a young tearaway. I will choose to remember him as Zimbabwe's most talented seamer of the post rebellion era. I hope he reconsiders. 31 is not very old in dog years.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:53 pm
Hearing a few interesting names may be appearing in the Logan Cup, mainly former youngsters who have been away. Whole thing is a shambles still no fixtures and rain on the way. ICC apparently insisting on a bio secure bubble.

Sounds like Jarvis is retiring from cricket which is a real shame.

Vinge Cup may start this Sunday.
Any evidence for jarvis retirement or this only a clueless speculation

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

You can take the comment however you want. From speaking to a number of people close to Jarvis it is clear that he is considering his future in the game. He is 31 and is now raising a family, he is fed up with Zimbabwe Cricket and is considering focusing on a different career in Zimbabwe as he does not want to go abroad for long periods of time with a young family.

He has not made his final decision but he is certainty considering his future.

Alistair Frost has been seen netting with the Rocks.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Dogg I am not sure I follow you but if your question was about zimfan1, I have found my nearly namesake to be one of the most clued in guys on the forum. He is often ahead of the curve.

I wonder if Jarvis just got fucked off being injured all the time. He had that back thing when he was a young tearaway. I will choose to remember him as Zimbabwe's most talented seamer of the post rebellion era. I hope he reconsiders. 31 is not very old in dog years.
What I meant is it just an offhand comment/opinion or something with serious evidence.

He has since answered, but I just wanted to clarify.

Jarvis should 100% stick around to the next World Cup. Has he ever been part of a WC campaign?

Zimfan1 surely you’re telling him to go for the WC swansong? Good way to finish if we qualify.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Williams, Taylor and Ervine will no doubt retire by the end of the 2023 CWC, Jarv should absolutely give it a go. Either way, he’ll always be a forum favourite.

What career is he heading into, potentially?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Alistair frost isn’t a bad player, didn’t do much in the under 19’s CWC but could be a good FC played.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:56 pm
ZIMFAN wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:35 pm

What I meant is it just an offhand comment/opinion or something with serious evidence.

He has since answered, but I just wanted to clarify.

Jarvis should 100% stick around to the next World Cup. Has he ever been part of a WC campaign?

Zimfan1 surely you’re telling him to go for the WC swansong? Good way to finish if we qualify.
Yeah I agree, but he has spent the last year sitting out injured.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:31 pm
Alistair frost isn’t a bad player, didn’t do much in the under 19’s CWC but could be a good FC played.
Think Harrison is with the Rocks, Evans with the Eagles.