Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Post by sloandog »

Evans in Harare is excellent

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

There will be problems with this domestic season. The ICC are insisting on a covid bubble which should had started days ago (it hasn't).

Staying in a flea bag hotel until 23rd of December sounds fun.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:03 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:56 pm
ZIMFAN wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Dogg I am not sure I follow you but if your question was about zimfan1, I have found my nearly namesake to be one of the most clued in guys on the forum. He is often ahead of the curve.

I wonder if Jarvis just got fucked off being injured all the time. He had that back thing when he was a young tearaway. I will choose to remember him as Zimbabwe's most talented seamer of the post rebellion era. I hope he reconsiders. 31 is not very old in dog years.
What I meant is it just an offhand comment/opinion or something with serious evidence.

He has since answered, but I just wanted to clarify.

Jarvis should 100% stick around to the next World Cup. Has he ever been part of a WC campaign?

Zimfan1 surely you’re telling him to go for the WC swansong? Good way to finish if we qualify.
Yeah I agree, but he has spent the last year sitting out injured.
You mentioned before he’s sick of ZC.
In his case, what’s his gripe?
He was the one player that they made rain Benjamin’s for. Assumed he would be ok?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It’s interesting how your employer can give you a long term contract with the first year being paid upfront, you go and buy a house in an exclusive gated community then a few years later the story is they are treating you badly yet you were injured for the last year of your contract. Yes it’s not their money but let’s not act like they didn’t go above and beyond to bring him and BT back.

The previous admin failed to do so with Sean Ervine when the same financial commitment was asked for. People never mention that because it doesn’t suit the narrative. They read these things in case you didn’t know so I personally hope it’s not true.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

He might be getting paid but still fed up with things. There are plenty of reasons to be feeling unfulfilled.

Hopefully it is one of those stories that gets discussed after retirement or a big performance.

"Back when I was 31, I seriously thought about giving it away, but I stuck with it and we are very happy with how things went for us on this tour. At that point, I never thought that I'd be standing here talking to you with 100 test wickets under my belt."

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Sometimes when I see some of these players walk out I wonder if they would have been able to deal with a tough, competitive environment with real racial quotas and where results actually matter like South Africa. Too many people just decide to walk out when the going gets tough yet as fans we have had to endure so many disappointments. Which other full member has a situation like that besides us? Cremer can even plot a comeback despite walking out on us for 2 years. The mentality is so weak

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I thought their contract was 4 years starting in 2021? That would mean it would finish in October next year.

Well that’s what people were saying when it suited their narrative, funny how things change.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

In fact if you honestly ask. Is there a game that Jarvis won for us single handedly since he came back like the way Blessing did a few weeks ago? Or how many games has he dominated like the way BT has since he came back? But suddenly ZC are the bad people in the whole situation

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:18 pm
I thought their contract was 4 years starting in 2021? That would mean it would finish in October next year.

Well that’s what people were saying when it suited their narrative, funny how things change.
https://www.financialgazette.co.zw/tayl ... year-deal/

It’s not a narrative. I don’t know how long Jarvis’ contract was but BT was 4 years. You would assume the same. Anybody really in the loop will tell you they were both paid a year upfront. This is a fact.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:24 pm

https://www.financialgazette.co.zw/tayl ... year-deal/

It’s not a narrative. I don’t know how long Jarvis’ contract was but BT was 4 years. You would assume the same. Anybody really in the loop will tell you they were both paid a year upfront. This is a fact.
This wasn't specifically directed at you, I'm just saying that depending on how people are trying tell their story this number of years on his contract seems to change. People suggesting two, whilst you suggest four, it would seem odd that he would walk away from his deal if it is so 'rich' if he does in fact have another 10 months to run.

I see why you would think that he also signed a 4-year deal because the chairman said BT did, but that isn't confirmed. Both yourself and Zimfan1 seem to have some connections inside ZC, Zimfan1 has connections to the players, whilst I assume your connections are more admin related?

Either way the length of his contract and his reasons for or not for retiring are not clear at this stage.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement