State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by sloandog »

Rickleton is a serious talent.
I can't believe De Zorsi was left at home as well

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Faf du Plessis has retired from test cricket. Another big name to replace in the batting order.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

They are not broadcasting Australia - New Zealand series here in India but somehow we get the broadcast of this RSA T20 challenge 🤦‍♂️

Randomly saw a bit of the action, Zubayr Hamza got a couple of 50s, he was playing for RSA not so long ago... Looked a good prospect but seems to have lost form lately.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He's not a bad player to be honest, but there's better batters in the system.
De Zorzi is a good player and should be given an opportunity

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:24 pm
They are not broadcasting Australia - New Zealand series here in India but somehow we get the broadcast of this RSA T20 challenge 🤦‍♂️

Randomly saw a bit of the action, Zubayr Hamza got a couple of 50s, he was playing for RSA not so long ago... Looked a good prospect but seems to have lost form lately.
Even in Oz we don't seem to be getting as much international cricket on pay TV!

The Sri Lanka v England series & The Pakistan v South Africa series weren't on Fox, usually we get all Test series except for the ones hosted by Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and of course Afghanistan & Ireland.

Maybe another sign that the interest in Test cricket is fading? Or another sign that the Big Three only care about each other and no one else
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Nah some of this stuff has been on kayo. Also they are showing SA T20 on kayo. Also you can watch on smartcric or Pakistan YouTube channel for Pakistan games

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Theyre showing the SA T20 on fox too. I expected them to show the Pak v SA series. Problem is that Fox has invested so heavily in AFL, NRL, and Aus cricket that it leaves very little for the rest. They've also lost Rugby, Football (mainly EPL) and on the brink of the A-league moving away too. They are struggling to keep subscribers and investing in Cricket Australia was a big move for them. If Cricket moves away after the current deal (which i really hope they do), i dare say Fox Sports would be finished. They are showing a lot of smaller sports like the basketball and baseball. Replays and old shows take up a lot of their programming.

Not many are willing to pay just for AFL and NRL.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:11 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Even in Oz we don't seem to be getting as much international cricket on pay TV!

The Sri Lanka v England series & The Pakistan v South Africa series weren't on Fox, usually we get all Test series except for the ones hosted by Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and of course Afghanistan & Ireland.

Maybe another sign that the interest in Test cricket is fading? Or another sign that the Big Three only care about each other and no one else
T20 leagues getting preference by the broadcasters as the general public likes to see that. I know people like us, we are cricket nerds who will watch any game and prefer tests and ODIs, but for a casual cricket viewer, sadly, T20s are the preferred format now.

I understand Aus-Nzl are playing T20s, but none of the channels have taken the broadcast rights of NZL home season in India because those are usually early morning games 3 30 a.m starts, even ODIs are like 6 30 a.m starts... So people don't get to watch much, unless they are willing to sacrifice their sleep for a neutral game.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:13 am

T20 leagues getting preference by the broadcasters as the general public likes to see that. I know people like us, we are cricket nerds who will watch any game and prefer tests and ODIs, but for a casual cricket viewer, sadly, T20s are the preferred format now.

I understand Aus-Nzl are playing T20s, but none of the channels have taken the broadcast rights of NZL home season in India because those are usually early morning games 3 30 a.m starts, even ODIs are like 6 30 a.m starts... So people don't get to watch much, unless they are willing to sacrifice their sleep for a neutral game.
I've been curious, is there a reason Indian players don't play in any other T20 leagues? It would obviously benefit that league big time in terms of broadcast rights. It would also benefit those Indian players in terms of playing in foreign conditions and against foreign players.

I was thinking about it this season when we (Brisbane) lost Banton. We got Denly as a replacement but he had to do a 14 day quarantine and fly in from England which meant his missed 4 matches I think. Whereas someone like Pandya was already here in Aus and could have slotted straight in to the team.

Was there a cricket league back home they had to get to or do Indian players just not play in any other league unless BCCI sanction it?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:45 am

I've been curious, is there a reason Indian players don't play in any other T20 leagues? It would obviously benefit that league big time in terms of broadcast rights. It would also benefit those Indian players in terms of playing in foreign conditions and against foreign players.
BCCI wantsto protect the primacy of the IPL over other leagues so Indian players aren't allowed to play in any other T20 league. At least thats what I remember reading somewhere years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)