State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: State of SA

Post by Googly »

There's no franchise autonomy whatsoever. Zero.
Well it was rhetorical, players suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:43 am
Zimco wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:37 am

Of course ZC would pay for all of this, where would the franchises be getting revenue from?
Well thats a problem then because the franchises should really be operating as themselves and not be reliant on ZC. I think a lot of the franchise guys are ZC guys and therefore just run the franchise and take money from ZC. Mates giving to mates kind of thing as opposed to a proper functioning system where the franchises look after themselves and feed into ZC.

Franchises would get revenue like any other club or domestic side. Sponsors, match income, tv revenue, kit sales etc....
Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:39 am

Would you vote for a new board and $9m or are you happy with the existing one and $5m?
Is this a serious question?
Theoretically that's how it should work but it won't work in Zimbabwe. Domestic sides will struggle to get sponsors, Match income (no one can afford to watch franchise), or buy kit. Remember Zimbabwe is a poor country and the average person is even poorer and can't spend on a luxury like watching cricket. I don't think even Zimbabwe games make much gate revenue, it is almost always very cheap or free to watch.

Perhaps they could get a bit off TV revenue to an overseas market, mostly South Africa, or YouTube, especially if a few foreign internationals played as overseas.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think there's a bit if clothing sponsorship, not much else.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

They posted on their Facebook that they got $10,000 i think for the kit sponsorship which I think is kinda pathetic tbh, they could command much higher fees than that

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Markram is in their test squad. Maybe they read our forum and panicked :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

And he’s been included with a view to being captain one day.
The bloke’s scored 4 centuries this FC season, he’s a machine. Should be in every single South African side

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Raynard Van Tonder has been included and so has Markram. Great shout to have these two young blokes in. I’m sure cricket boards read this forum :D

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

What is this South African attack? is this the moment when the downfall starts to accelerate? I am amazed if Sipamla is in the top 10 pacers in the country let along opening the bowling.

Easily the worst bowling attack South Africa have fielded since readmission.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 am
What is this South African attack? is this the moment when the downfall starts to accelerate? I am amazed if Sipamla is in the top 10 pacers in the country let along opening the bowling.

Easily the worst bowling attack South Africa have fielded since readmission.
I can’t comment specifically on this attack as I’ve lost interest in SA cricket.
The reason is similar to Zims but worse.
It’s just BS that we have test teams not fielding close to their best sides for political reasons.
It’s actually absurd and not what elite test cricket is about and the ICC are ridiculous for allowing it.

Can you imagine if the NBA was forced to field a 60% white team to ‘better represent the demographics’ of the country?
Or the NHL had to field 2 Latino’s and 2 coloureds for the same reasons?
Ditto track and field. Or any sport.
I hope that one day we as society can look back on this and go ‘wtf was that about’ but I fear that day is not anytime soon with all the ‘woke’ stuff about.
We are dealing with people angry at Gal Gadot for playing cleopatra in a movie and not a black person, even though Cleopatra was greek? And looked like Gal Gadot. Ffs.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Sipamla will develop into a good bowler I think. He has a lovely action and hit 88mph this moment, but like zimfan1 said he’s far from a test match opening bowler. He should be included in the T20 side I think, just for exposure. I think he’ll develop into a decent fast bowler with more time around the side.

I don’t get why everybody raves about Ngidi, I really don’t. He’s bang average and his ODI death bowling is painfully below par. He’s lost pace and he also believes his own myth too much. Not good enough in my view.

Nortje in my view could be one of South Africa’s best ever quicks with the way he’s developing. Averaging 91mph and hit 96mph in his fist spell. I found it a really slap in the face that he wasn’t given the new pip, he bowls absolute rockets.

Stefan Tait, Nandre Burger, Siboto and Stuurman are all better bets than Hendricks who should be nowhere near a South African side. He’s there because he’s black, it’s that simple.

You all heard it here first, Keegan Peterson is a talent. He’s also black so, like, Bavuma, he’ll be given the red carpet treatment