State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: State of SA

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:59 am
They're black, they'll persist as long as they need.
It sounds awful doesn't it, but it's literally just fact. If you're a black cricketer in SA, you have it golden. I can name three genuinely fast, young, white bowlers who are better better all three of Hendricks, Sipamla and Andile. They're simply not good enough and yet they will continue to get picked because they fill the quota of black players.
Having Junior Dala in that squad and Magala is a massive slap in the face to blokes like Coetzee, Keegan Peterson, Nandre Burger etc.
Yes, That is really sad, still I mean they will find better colored players than these eventually won't they!? I'm sure they have dropped the idea of 7 colored players by 2023, as of now it remains at 6.

Verreynne and Janneman have to be in the playing XI always. No doubting that.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

With Rassie and Miller to come back, the XI could be unreal

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

1. Quainton De Kock (wkt)
2. Janaman Malan
3. Aiden Markram
4. Rassie Van Der Dusson (Cpt)
5. Kyle Verreyne
6. David Miller
7. Wiaan Mulder
8. Andile Phehleqwayo
9. Tabrai Shamsai
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Anrich Nortje

I still think Temba is a good LOI player and should be in, but he still doesn't make my full strength XI.

You could throw in Dwayne Pretorious, De Zorzi, Gerald Coetzee, Keegan Peterson, Ngidi and even a wild card like Breetske.

Won't happen though

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm
Only one of them can play under the quota rules if you play Verreyne too.

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 am
sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 am
Beurin Hendricks getting into the XI must be such a slap in the face to lads like Nandre Burger and Marco Jansen. He is seriously not good enough for this level. Sipamla isn't a LOI bowler either and yet he still gets a game. Ridiculous selection
How long can they persist with Beauran and Sipamla? I think they will not last for long.
Sipamla is not international standard PERIOD. He was getting tonked like a T20 game even in Tests against SL. Hendricks may have been good few years ago but now he is crap. Dupavillon, Jansen, Coetzee and god knows how many other white bowlers are better than the junk like Sipamla, Hendricks. I mean if you don't even look at white bowlers, just play Magala and see what the deal is.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

franco vazquez wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:41 pm
sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm
Only one of them can play under the quota rules if you play Verreyne too.
I know mate, would be awesome if they could both be squeezed in though

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

franco vazquez wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Beurin Hendricks getting into the XI must be such a slap in the face to lads like Nandre Burger and Marco Jansen. He is seriously not good enough for this level. Sipamla isn't a LOI bowler either and yet he still gets a game. Ridiculous selection
How long can they persist with Beauran and Sipamla? I think they will not last for long.
Sipamla is not international standard PERIOD. He was getting tonked like a T20 game even in Tests against SL. Hendricks may have been good few years ago but now he is crap. Dupavillon, Jansen, Coetzee and god knows how many other white bowlers are better than the junk like Sipamla, Hendricks. I mean if you don't even look at white bowlers, just play Magala and see what the deal is.
Gerald Coetzee hit 92mph in last years MSL and he's already scored a couple of FC half centuries.

Corbin Bosch is another kid who bowls rockets. Will they ever get in, though? I doubt it

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
sloandog wrote:
You're being really overly harsh on Sipamla here. He's 22 and a really good red ball bowler. Still needs to learn in the shorter formats but he's got bags of potential.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

With the red ball I've said from day 1 Sipamla could develop into an excellent bowler, but he's nowhere near ready and should be playing at least another season for his franchise.
LOI's though? Way off the mark and far from good enough.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Isn't Glenton Stuurman colored and better than Beuran, Sipamla?