State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: State of SA

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Doesnt see enough difference between Zimbabwe & South Africa in selection based on skin colour. South Africa have been getting some quality black talent that included Ntini, Philander that havent had effect on their performances whereas Zimbabwe tried featuring 11 full black players but their game got destroyed and was in verge of extinct.

South Africa trying to bring racial system more in their set up whereas Zimbabwe now lamenting for not getting their talented kids playing for Zimbabwe and representing other narions. Previously it was only white cricketers from Zimbabwe used to leave Zimbabwe and now even blacks are leaving and are interested to play in other nations.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Zim was seeing success and as was happening in the rest of the country, the black people wanted that success in cricket too. So they thought that all they need to do is replace the white people and the success will follow. They forgot that you actually need to be any good at something. The same attitude happened with the farms. They took over the farms but had no idea what to do and so everything went in to a shit storm.

Same thing happened with cricket but there was enough money for them to plunder as ZC was in a positive so they were quite content to be shit on the field as long as they kept stealing what was in the coffers. The black players were no good but they did not care, they just wanted the money. So many of our black players could have been really good but were let down by those just wanting the money and feeding the players to the slaughter house.

Now that that money has dried up, they have some semblance of wanting to do well, but they won't do well enough to get back to the state we were in because they will milk any little that comes through and refuse to actually do anything properly as long as it benefits them.

SA has too much to lose going down the same path and also has a proper development structure that will churn out a quality black player every now and again. ICC response to the govt interaction is evidence enough that the ICC can't afford to lose SA. Sides still see them as credible opposition and whilst they got smashed by England, they were posting decent totals, which makes it seem like they are still good enough. The effects will only be seen when this rule is truly enforced and carried out and you start to see a mass players exodus and SA starts going on a run of poor results. In saying that, when you have one quality player who can carry you through, it papers over things a lot more.

Transformation is damaging Africa so much yet they will never see past that and will continue to hurt themselves. If they really want to empower the Black people in sport, then they should fix football. It's the sport the African people love. You do not even need to entice them to play. You just need to invest in it properly and you will see results. They already rule that sport so it doesn't matter if they see results or not though. It's not about achieving success, it's about control.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whilst they keep getting millions that they don't really have to account for things will continue to deteriorate.
What CSA have stolen is mind boggling.
There's no accountability whatsoever in Africa. I don't know a single person who's ever gone to jail for stealing public funds. Its why the stakes are so high to get into public office or to get control of a Board. Worst case is you'll fall out of favor and someone else will get a shot of putting his head in the trough. When they've had enough of you then you get investigated and charged so you don't make noise and when you agree to go quietly and not whistle blow the charges get dropped. Every time!

Theyre not going downhill because of the shortage of funds, although that's coming. The funds will always be there but it won't filter down past the guys in charge. Its like being on their lotto board. Google it. Of the billions
theyve raised over the last 30 years I don't think they've distributed more than 1% of it. Not a single person has had to account for one cent. They can't even be contacted coz most live in Monacco. Its the same with cricket.
They've lost most of their sponsorship and black owned companies have no interest in cricket because the vast majority of the population have no interest and never ever ever ever (did I say that enuf times) will. They also wouldn't trust their brothers with a cent. :lol: There was more public interest when Ntini was the only black guy in the side. Fact.
No one is crying for the thousands of white kids who have a genuine interest and now know its finished forever. They're realistically vying for two batting spots in every single side from u9 to the main side going forward.
ICC will never make a sound because I guarantee they're getting kick backs from the CSA scoundrels.
The next thing they're going to get their mitts on is SA golf. Watch and see. Lots of money to steal there.

I spoke with a guy in SA earlier and he said Markram was bitterly regretting not having gone to NZ years ago and that he might bite the bullet and go and try now. They may actually give him one game soon just to lock him in and fuck his life up, I hope he doesn't fall for that.
His parents are from Gweru and he hasn't played an international in a year. He would be eligible for Zim in two years time. It would be a toss up between him and Chari for the opening slot.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Markram would be no loss from the ODI side, he averages 27 after 26 matches. If you only count games against the other big 8 nations his average is a paltry 23. If he is the future of South African batting then perhaps the talent level isn't so strong afterall. He might occasionally make the cut for New Zealand, but honestly New Zealand has many local guys who are just as good.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

He's a fantastic player, bud. He would have been one of the great players if he'd been persevered with. Amazing talent. More talent in his baby finger than Hendricks and Bavuma have in their entire bodies. He wouldn't have missed a game if he'd had a colored great grand parent. He's a great fielder and can bowl a bit.
I agree he'd struggle in NZ, but he will return to form soon.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Eugene, you surprise me.
Markhram is a ridiculous talent.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

They can go after golf, but I don't think there are many black people lining up to play golf. They literally shoot themselves in the foot. Instead of investing in sports like football and to an extent rugby, in which black people have a genuine interest and investment, they let those fail and then just try to steal and live off the glories of the other sports in which they have made no effort whatsoever.

As for Markram, Eugene is probably just pissed because the Roosters couldn't make it three in a row. Anyone who gets messed around with selection is bound to have a poor record and it shows across the board in SA with so many players. They messed around in 2015 and it cost them a World Cup.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

If Markram leaves and tries to play elsewhere, then that’s a major MAJOR red flag for South African cricket. He’s probably the only genuine test opener they’ve had since 2012 when Smith retired.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:45 pm
If Markram leaves and tries to play elsewhere, then that’s a major MAJOR red flag for South African cricket. He’s probably the only genuine test opener they’ve had since 2012 when Smith retired.
CSA won't see it that way. They will just see it as another white guy who wants to have things delivered to him on a plate and if he leaves its his loss. It means another black player can take his spot.

Also, Sloan, be interesting to know the thoughts of Eng cricket fans regarding this Covid issue. If the players were meant to be in a bubble and there is a positive test, then clearly the bubble isn't functioning as it should or there are people within it that are compromised. Surely that would raise flags among the England side regarding security.

I know England had a home series where they had these bio bubbles and no issues. You reckon England will call off the rest of the series?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:31 pm
Eugene, you surprise me.
Markhram is a ridiculous talent.
I keep hearing that heis a ridiculous talent, but whenever I watch South Africa play he invariably disappoints. Does he have some temperament issues or something?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes