[ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Weren’t Mpofu and Nyumbu joining the coaching ranks?
They probably should at this age.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by sloandog »

PJ Moor, Shumba, Evans and Kazuza have had good games here

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:47 am

Well cricket and politics are inextricably linked in Zim and SA. England is front and centre as far as that goes.
The state of the game in both countries is tied to their economies and the ruthless, politically and racially motivated boards that control the game.
Maybe other guys here are interested in the major spat unfolding between CSA and ECB following England's premature departure from SA (very interesting article!) , or Zim's likely policy change towards the few (if any) players with dual passports following Schardendorf's recent Notts contract?
Any behind the scenes news is likely to involve politics.
It may be boring for some, but entirely relevant.
That's totally fine mate, talk about what ever you like, but you and some others here keep bringing up random political shit in every thread.

Make a new thread about Trump or the ECB or quota issues in South Africa or what ever it is
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Looks like PJ has moved to the Tuskers to become the keeper/ batsman. Maybe he has decided that's his way back into the national side?

He definitely ain't getting into the middle order now with Wes there

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:45 am
Looks like PJ has moved to the Tuskers to become the keeper/ batsman. Maybe he has decided that's his way back into the national side?

He definitely ain't getting into the middle order now with Wes there
Are these things up to the players?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:55 am
Are these things up to the players?
Maybe in some cases yes, possibly the selectors tell certain guys "Hey we want to see you play this type of role, as this is the only way into the side"

A few years back Ryan Burl was asking around all the franchises offering himself as an opener as he knew that was his best way into the side.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

I don’t think anyone has tried to stop Burl from opening,I just don’t think he has the mantle to open the batting,he was seriously exposed when he faced a good pace attack.

If he was any good at opening he would have still dominated the middle order. Opening the batting is the most difficult job to do when playing Test cricket.
You usually have your best technically sound batter playing between 1 to 3.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I feel like with a settled middle order like the one we have as a player you have to look at where you can fit in . PJ and Burl can only play in the top 3 . This is why I liked Prince Masvaure realizing that the only gap was uptop and giving it a go.

It’s frustrating when you see the way Wes has taken off (not saying he will never have a bad spell) and the like of PJ, Burl and Musakanda have stagnated a bit. In 3 years all the senior guys will be gone. The time to step up is now

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimlover wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:22 pm
I don’t think anyone has tried to stop Burl from opening,I just don’t think he has the mantle to open the batting,he was seriously exposed when he faced a good pace attack.

If he was any good at opening he would have still dominated the middle order. Opening the batting is the most difficult job to do when playing Test cricket.
You usually have your best technically sound batter playing between 1 to 3.
The reference here, I think, was the longer format. Burl went around all the franchises in 2018 (or was it 2019?) with the condition to give him the opener slot and they all declined, which meant that he had no team to play for! He hadn't played an FC match in two years due to that and then the injury.

While I don't believe Burl has it in his technique to open, he cannot be doubted for attempting it, as he even lost an entire season for being stubborn on that role. As for dominating middle order, he averages 42 in FC cricket, which is about 10 runs more than any other player on the scene at this point. I thought he would open by default this season, given all this background, but wasn't to be at least in the first match.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Milton shumba has one of the highest first class averages at the moment.check out his stats 🔥🔥🔥