News: [Zimbabwe to host men's Cricket World Cup 2023 qualifying matches]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

News: [Zimbabwe to host men's Cricket World Cup 2023 qualifying matches]

Post by tawac »

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/1939383

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has today announced the 20 rescheduled series in the pathway to the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 in India and the dates for the Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier.
Men’s Cricket World League 2 and Challenge League schedule announced
Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 to take place in Zimbabwe between 18 June and 9 July
All COVID-19 affected series which were postponed in 2020 have been rescheduled in a new look calendar extending to 2023, with the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier confirmed to take place in Zimbabwe between 18 June and 9 July 2023.

The Men’s Cricket World Cup League 2 ODIs will return on 19 March 2021 when Oman host USA and Nepal in the sixth series of League 2. Six ODIs will be played in the series with Oman currently sitting top of the table on 16 points with the United States four points behind in the standings. There will be 96 ODIs played across the 14 series that are scheduled to be played in 2021 and 2022 respectively and the remaining two in early 2023.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: News: [Zimbabwe to host men's Cricket World Cup 2023 qualifying matches]

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

We got them again?
Thats a good start. Weird, but good.

Other teams in that 9-15 region must be filthy with us.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sorry didn't see your post.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Its going to be in June and July...whats the weather like in ZIM at that time? Would be a pity if it rains much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Good news for Zimbabwe, I would like to see Zimbos preparing some hard and bouncy wickets which will make it difficult for Asian teams like Afg, UAE, HK, etc. There is a chance may be one among SLN / BAN / WI will have to play the qualifiers and they will struggle under such conditions as well.

If the conditions are like slow and turning, then it will be very difficult to stop the likes of Afghanistan and Asian countries. There is effectively only 1 open spot. Such a shame because there are quite a few good teams out there.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 pm
Good news for Zimbabwe, I would like to see Zimbos preparing some hard and bouncy wickets which will make it difficult for Asian teams like Afg, UAE, HK, etc. There is a chance may be one among SLN / BAN / WI will have to play the qualifiers and they will struggle under such conditions as well.

If the conditions are like slow and turning, then it will be very difficult to stop the likes of Afghanistan and Asian countries. There is effectively only 1 open spot. Such a shame because there are quite a few good teams out there.
Why is there only effectively one spot open?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:59 pm
Its going to be in June and July...whats the weather like in ZIM at that time? Would be a pity if it rains much.
That's our coldest time of year, often get a bit of frost early mornings and can be bloody cold if you get what they call anti cyclonic gloom, which is basically overcast with a biting wind in the mornings up until about 10am and then gets cold around 4pm. Its also dry as a bone.
Its never going to rain. Most days are cloudless skies though. For me the worst time of year on the highveld.
Its basically winter cricket.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:55 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:59 pm
That's our coldest time of year, often get a bit of frost early mornings and can be bloody cold if you get what they call anti cyclonic gloom, which is basically overcast with a biting wind in the mornings up until about 10am and then gets cold around 4pm. Its also dry as a bone.
Its never going to rain. Most days are cloudless skies though. For me the worst time of year on the highveld.
Its basically winter cricket.
Yeah but it won't rain, the domestic season in Zim could start in late September and we wouldn't have so many abandoned games

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Geez very lucky to get this again

Hopefully they wisen up this time and don't prepare slow low decks that suit Rashid & his mates
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

As long as it doesnt rain, its great for cricket.

A little frost never hurt anyone - except perhaps some Asian teams :lol: