[Match Thread] BCB XI vs Zimbabweans (Tour Match)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[Match Thread] BCB XI vs Zimbabweans (Tour Match)

Post by maehara »

BCB XI vs Zimbabweans
29 November 2010

One-day tour match, which we really should win. Early start for this one - 9:30am Bangladesh, 5:30am Zimbabwe, 3:30am UK.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] BCB XI vs Zimbabweans (Tour Match)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

i was expecting this ignorance
Julien Fountain, the Bangladeshi fielding coach, believes the visitors have every reason to be apprehensive.They should feel a little scared."Fountain suggested that the hosts did not regard any of the Zimbabwean players as particularly threatening. "To be honest, I haven't really done much research on them," he said. "I really don't think we are looking at them as though they are dangerous."
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:i was expecting this ignorance
Julien Fountain, the Bangladeshi fielding coach, believes the visitors have every reason to be apprehensive.They should feel a little scared."Fountain suggested that the hosts did not regard any of the Zimbabwean players as particularly threatening. "To be honest, I haven't really done much research on them," he said. "I really don't think we are looking at them as though they are dangerous."
That is appalling. I would be disgusted if an Australian coach (or a Zimbabwean coach) openly displayed that sort of arrogance.

Perhaps Mr. Fountain should have a chat to Mashrafe Mortaza, I'm sure he could think of dangerous player.

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

Bang ix won th toss and are battin currently 156-6 am not sure hw many overs that is. Source Bang forum
12.4 Odhiambo to Vermeulen, FOUR, that's an appalling long hop, Vermulen had plenty of time to get into position, drink a cup of tea, and pull the ball towards the long leg boundary- his first boundary today

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

BCB XI - 223/9 (50 overs, Saghir 49, Asif 46)
Innings Break

I think Zimbabweans should fancy their chances here, but NZ had recently failed to chase 174 in Bangladeshi wickets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

Kriterion_BD wrote:but NZ had recently failed to chase 174 in Bangladeshi wickets.
yeah! We have scored over 200 runs enough times, in Chittagong & Dhaka, against an 'A side' less than 250 shud be gettable
12.4 Odhiambo to Vermeulen, FOUR, that's an appalling long hop, Vermulen had plenty of time to get into position, drink a cup of tea, and pull the ball towards the long leg boundary- his first boundary today

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

Meth 4wkts, Mpofu 3wkts, Zim strugglin on 77-3 after 17ovas. Taibu 7* Chigs3*

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

105-7 afta 29, dont kno whether this is true

hoodlum

Post by hoodlum »

FINAL SCORE:
BCB XI vs Zimbabweans: BCB XI - 223/9 in 50 overs ( Asif 46, Saghir 49, Mahmudul Hasan 28, Alauddin Babu 14; Keegan Meth 4 wickets, Mpofu 3 wickets); Zim 194/10 (Taibu 32; Noor Hossain 3 wickets) BCB XI won the match by 29 runs.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Meth the star in a losing cause. Watch out the tusker
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu