Who is Muyeye?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Who is Muyeye?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 am
Yeah thats my point perhaps he won't play for England perhaps he will but you can't know at 20. The longer players play in County the more they develop. Solely County players or even people like henriques still contribute to a strong system.

He would be good for Middlesex now as well based on his stats. He got players player of the year.

Stoinis developed when he went to melbourne, failed for many years in IPL and then had a great year. Cricket is not linear in development.
You can though, just at grade level.
Domestic standard should be high.
I do agree on some level that a 7th team is needed, perhaps the ACT, purely to allow for the NSW offset that gets spread around the place. A micro issue that will address the imbalance where 1/3 of the talent is concentrated in 1/6 of a comp. something Tassie and to a smaller degree, SA has been doing.
ACT makes more sense. Someone like Ed Cowan was discarded a bit too early or even someone like Jemisi’s boy Greg Mail maybe should have got a longer run.

But if you take it to further extremes. What creates a better player?
A strong grade system flowing into a super tight domestic system of say, 4, or a bloated domestic system of say, 32?

The quality just won’t be there for the next step up.

There has to be a proven ratio of player numbers to domestic teams.

Cool quality really dripping in standard is a thing definitely observed elsewhere
AFLdropped a lot when they went from 16 to 18.
Hence why NRL dorm seem to want to do it and presumably, cricket.
There’s also alto of talk that BBL hasn’t got the player numbers
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 am
Yeah thats my point perhaps he won't play for England perhaps he will but you can't know at 20. The longer players play in County the more they develop. Solely County players or even people like henriques still contribute to a strong system.

He would be good for Middlesex now as well based on his stats. He got players player of the year.

Stoinis developed when he went to melbourne, failed for many years in IPL and then had a great year. Cricket is not linear in development.
You can though, just at grade level away from the scrutiny.
Domestic standard should be high.
I do agree on some level that a 7th team is needed, perhaps the ACT, purely to allow for the NSW offset that gets spread around the place. A micro issue that will address the imbalance where 1/3 of the talent is concentrated in 1/6 of a comp. something Tassie and to a smaller degree, SA has been doing.
ACT makes more sense. Someone like Ed Cowan was discarded a bit too early or even someone like Jemisi’s boy Greg Mail maybe should have got a longer run.

But if you take it to further extremes. What creates a better player?
A strong grade system flowing into a super tight domestic system of say, 4, or a bloated domestic system of say, 32?

The quality just won’t be there for the next step up.

There has to be a proven ratio of player numbers to domestic teams.

Cool quality really dripping in standard is a thing definitely observed elsewhere
AFLdropped a lot when they went from 16 to 18.
Hence why NRL dorm seem to want to do it and presumably, cricket.
There’s also alto of talk that BBL hasn’t got the player numbers

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Yeah an ACT team would solve the problem. Some Sydney, SA, WA, Queensland, NT players etc could go to Canberra. Some of the northern territory players like Darcy Short come to WA. The bbl does have a quality issue but at least some fringe players are getting a run.

I think cricket is different to footy and rugby as cricket is not a full team sport. A joffra archer (the clear picks) will stand out if there is 2 teams or 200 teams as cricket Is an individual sport within a team sport.

Interesting article by Finch https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aaron-f ... 7?mode=amp

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Tawanda muyeye signs for kent cricket for 3 years contract
https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/muye ... -for-kent/

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Marshmallow wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:09 am
Tawanda muyeye signs for kent cricket for 3 years contract
https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/muye ... -for-kent/
Good for him

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I highly doubt he will ever play for us. Reputation goes a long way in England. He will get a game or 2 for them in the next 5 years and that will lock him in the system for at least 10 years

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Why anybody would ever want to play for a country that they have zero ties to will forever baffle me but that’s a story for another day . Good luck to him

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:54 pm
Why anybody would ever want to play for a country that they have zero ties to will forever baffle me but that’s a story for another day . Good luck to him
F120ECA2-14F7-4E00-AF42-0424402EF029.jpeg
F120ECA2-14F7-4E00-AF42-0424402EF029.jpeg (29.56 KiB) Viewed 1523 times

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

This is what I was saying, that the most important thing for Zimbabwe is to retain talent, and that just doesn't seem to happen.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I highly doubted muyeye would play for zim for at least two years.
He is very vocal on twitter about the Zimbabwe government and injustices happening in the country. Based on this alone made me think that he would not be part of the set up