Who is Muyeye?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Who is Muyeye?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:21 am
Looks like Tawanda has found a route to citizenship. :lol:
Black privilege is a real thing. :lol: His English roots are about as real as my North Korean ones.
There's going to be a mad scramble for this guy. There's only two young black batting prospects in County as well- Delray Rawlins from Sussex and now Muyeye. He's going to get the red carpet treatment. He's been seen at Sussex, Surrey, Notts and Kent.
I can't wait to see this guy in action, he's the real deal. He'd have ticked a lot of boxes for Zim. Whilst I'd have loved to have seen him in red he deserves the prospects on offer in England. ZC have let some proper young men slip through their fingers, its a disgrace. When he gets the hang of the bowling he's going to be a treat to watch in T20. Damn!!!
What’s the context to this that sparked the above?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Archer's father has British citizenship, no foul play there.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 am
Is Muyeye as good as Madhevere? How would he compare to a BRM Taylor or to Gary Ballance, to pick from Zimbos who played in England?
Talent wise he must be just as good if not better but honestly I don’t know much about him. His record speaks for itself but that’s just half the battle.Adjusting to international cricket isn’t easy. Myers is up there too. He scored a 50 against the UAE 2 years ago

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Zimco wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:24 am
Archer's father has British citizenship, no foul play there.
Archer wouldn’t have been able to play for England until 2022 because of residency issues. Would he have been that patient? The West Indians make plenty of money in T20s these days. That’s the foul play I’m talking about

Googly

Post by Googly »

Archer had a British passport from the get go. The rule change was to cut from 5 to 3 years the period he had to play locally before being ECB eligible.
England don't need to actively poach too many people, its the players that are bending over backwards to play there.
Madhevere really has had a good start and looks proper, but in terms of talent Muyeye is right out there. Its only a piece of the jigsaw though.
He must have found a Scottish ancestor. Jock McMuyeye was seen wielding a broadsword at the Battle of Culloden in 1746.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

It did say muyeye has family in the UK in a previous article.... I don't know which family members.

Players are bending over because the English first class system is well managed and has lots of teams.

I think India and England have the best first class systems. Australia has too few state teams which is contributing to the lack of depth in positions like opener, spinner etc in Australia. Also too much two day cricket is played at the amateur level which is damaging Australia's batting. Batters need to bat in a match at least once a week.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:23 pm
It did say muyeye has family in the UK in a previous article.... I don't know which family members.

Players are bending over because the English first class system is well managed and has lots of teams.

I think India and England have the best first class systems. Australia has too few state teams which is contributing to the lack of depth in positions like opener, spinner etc in Australia. Also too much two day cricket is played at the amateur level which is damaging Australia's batting. Batters need to bat in a match at least once a week.
But if you haven’t got a first class contract you have to work. So even if you’re a grade cricketer on some money, you can’t live off it.
I believe the Sydney grade comp is the strongest non domestic comp on the planet, unless it’s dropped off the last couple of years, but everyone in first grade is a 135k bowler. They pretty much funnel the nsw and tassie domestic teams.

Oz has the view that a super tough high standard domestic setup breeds tougher international ready cricketers.

I think the lack of depth we are seeing atm is no one really cares about cricket passionately. Just a backdrop. Very few people in Australia will know players outside the top 20. I have a lot of friends who don’t care for the sport at all and feel it’s a nerdy sport.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Sydney grade cricket is no doubt one of the strongest if not the strongest non professional leagues.

Yeah very few grade cricketers are paid where in the UK many 'grade cricketers' get paid. Having only 66 professional players playing in aus is damaging cricket because why would a grade cricketer keep playing grade if there is only 66 professional spots above. Many people when they hit young/mid 20s in aus quit grade cricket which you don't see as much in the UK. Also because of the long format and over competitive nature of grade cricket.

With the amount of modern formats you need more professional players also players develop at different speeds. Otherwise it just becomes the Australian u19s getting a chance. The population of Australia has 1grown and a small base of pros favours rich people who can afford to play grade unpaid. Even grade cricket requires a lot of unpaid work and cost. At least 400 dollars per bat.

Many People have a love for cricket in aus and follow the national team but there isn't a community buy in like the UK where people come to watch their local games/columns are written in the local paper.
Last edited by Zimco on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

There are only lets say six professional spinners in aus (one per team) but there are probably about 50 in India because they have so many ranji teams (38 teams). Andrew tye can't get a state contract but he is getting picked for Aus hahaha

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yeah Australia needs to have more teams for all levels (FC, List A, and T20). It might a reason why teams like Bangladesh and Pakistan are stagnant despite having huge player bases.

India and England have aprox 20+ top domestic teams which makes for a huge player base. Explains how India suddenly developed depth in fast bowling and how England went from being a pathetic ODI team to being #1 ranked and winning the World Cup virtually overnight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)