Zimbabwe tour to australia july/august

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brockley

Zimbabwe tour to australia july/august

Post by brockley »

The one dayers cancelled?
I thought i heard an A series is being organised.
Big tour for zimbabwe/zimbabwe A nonetheless.
Itinnery yet.
Last time bangladesh toured australia,they played a series against the oz academy this likely?
Anyway 1 of the major tours for zimbabwe after the world cup.
Feedback. :)

mdm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe tour to australia july/august

Post by mdm »

The Standard is talking about a tour to Australia after the World cup not sure if this is true and even going to happen . If It does playing a test against Australia aint a good idea at this stage. Zimbabwe needs to work really hard in order to be competitive for the tests, Even playing an Australian A team will be really tough. Hopefully the international cricket world will be patient with our boys.
http://www.thestandard.co.zw/sports/277 ... n-may.html
Zimbabwe returns to Test cricket in May
Sunday, 19 December 2010 12:02
BY ALBERT MARUFU

ZIMBABWE will make the long-awaited return to Test cricket arena with a home series against New Zealand in May next year.
Zimbabwe voluntarily withdrew from Test cricket in 2006 after a fall-out with most senior players. The fall-out resulted in the firing of some players, which weakened the team.

New Zealand were initially expected to tour Zimbabwe in June this year, but the match had to be rescheduled to May 2011. The Black Caps refused to tour Zimbabwe citing security concerns.

Zimbabwe are scheduled to play two Test and three One Day International (ODI) to mark their return to the test arena after their self-imposed exile in 2006.

According to International Cricket Council (ICC) Future Tours Programme, other countries that Zimbabwe will engage during the course of next year include Australia, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) managing director Ozias Bvute, whose organisation made a clean sweep at the Annual National Sports Awards, said the general feeling is that they would have come up with a strong team in May next year.

“In January we are going to release the fixture list that will indicate when we will return to Test cricket. However, I am sure that by May we will be strong enough to compete. Great strides have been made in making the team a competitive outfit and we hope by May the team will be competitive enough to play Test cricket,” Bvute said.

The Elton Chigumbura captained side is also set to play Australia for two Test and three ODIs in June before hosting Bangladesh in July and August again for two Test matches and three ODIs.

Pakistan will be our next visitors in September with the Kiwis expected again in the country in December for two Test matches and three ODIs.
ZC has made strides in strengthening the sport with the coming of former captain Alistair Campbell and former player coach Dave Houghton into administration. Players such as Grant Flower, Ray Price have also come back to bolster the team that also includes Tatenda Taibu, Brendon Taylor and Charles Coventry.

In a related development, Bvute also paid tribute to ZC for asserting their growing profile as a powerful sporting discipline in the country by scooping four of the awards at the 2010 Annual National Sports Awards held on Thursday night.

The organisation dominated the awards with coach Steven Mangongo — the national team assistant coach, beating junior national rugby coach Brighton Chivandire to lift the Coach of the Year award.

Umpire Russell Tiffin won the Technical Official of the Year award while Zimbabwe Cricket won the Sports Administration of the Year award. The organisation also received the Sports Development award.

Bvute paid tribute to a growing number of sponsors that have lined up to help the sport.

“We are humbled by the recognition the Sports and Recreation Commission has given to our endeavors. We have received a considerable amount of support from our partners. Challenges lie ahead and we hopepul that with all the support of the people around us, we will continue to prosper,” he said.
Cara Black was voted as the 2010 Sports Person of the Year.

andybligz

Post by andybligz »

new zealand .... i think thats a fair match i believe we can really match them especially our batting . im a bit worrried about our pace bowlers at test level. maybe streak should do a grant flower :D

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

If Streak did what Flower did it would be a huge back step.
He's in no physical shape to play and of what I remember from the IPL his pace was as low as 73 Mph....

brockley

Post by brockley »

I recall zimbabwe we're only going to play the 4 bottom sides.
So maybe 3 one dayers,fingers crossed that its 5 one dayers.

morgieb

Post by morgieb »

andybligz wrote:new zealand .... i think thats a fair match i believe we can really match them especially our batting . im a bit worrried about our pace bowlers at test level. maybe streak should do a grant flower :D
At least Flower was still playing county cricket. Streak's way past it and his current role is good enough imo.

andybligz

Post by andybligz »

morgieb wrote:
andybligz wrote:new zealand .... i think thats a fair match i believe we can really match them especially our batting . im a bit worrried about our pace bowlers at test level. maybe streak should do a grant flower :D
At least Flower was still playing county cricket. Streak's way past it and his current role is good enough imo.
i was joking around guys relax. i know streak wouldnt be good enough anymore.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

How fast was Streak in his Prime...

andybligz

Post by andybligz »

sloandog wrote:How fast was Streak in his Prime...
i remember him bowling 140 a few times but other than that 132 to 137 on avg . he wasnt brutal pace but quick enough to trouble batsman on a good lenght. if only we had another streak type player

brockley

Post by brockley »

Cricket australia has said oz'next series after the world cup,is the srilanka tour in august,there go the aust-zimbabwe series,its off.
I guess at least zimbabwe A will play australia A thats something.