Taylor Considers Quitting

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Taylor Considers Quitting

Post by Train Driver »

What a fool :oops:

If I had looked at the latest news at the top of the page, I would have seen that BRM had joined Lashings .........

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Here's a wishful thinking...

Taylor is playing at Lashings, and Sachin Tendulkar will also represent the club sometime later this season. Tendulkar, captain of the Mumbai Indians team in the IPL, must be on the look out for a wicket keeper for his team for the next season, since their local lad did not set the stage on fire. They initially had not got any 'keeper during the auctions, and then went on to get Luke Ronchi, who himself did not live up to the expectations. So, let's hope that Taylor puts in a few sterling performances in front of Tendulkar and impresses him to earn an IPL call up... :idea:

Of course, ZC would have to clear his participation...

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Brendan has certainly not done himself any harm in the latest Lashings match.

In a 30 over match at Dulwich College, against Sparrow Schools XI, he made a 96 ball 167 while opening again, the innings included 10 sixes and 14 fours.

It may not have been world beating opposition, but runs get batsmen noticed.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

His 62 against Cambridge was probably more impressive. At least they are a First Class team.

As you say, the opposition was Sparrow Schools XI and Brendan Taylor is the only current international (I believe?) in the team, you'd expect him to cash in. Looks like he did just that :) Well played Brendan.

If nothing else, it at least shows the selectors that Brendan Taylor is an opening batsman. :)