Masakadza DROPPED from world cup squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Masakadza DROPPED from world cup squad

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

clikcspeed wrote:Hamilton WTF???
And the Dabengwa camp is happy now I guess :D that was also a surprise. @SLOANDOG, drinks on you!

Mine's a nice drop of red, Ryan :D
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

andybligz wrote:
auszim wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:hamiltons been crap lately.

saying that im still surprised he isnt in the 20....he has the skills
Yup...agree

Having duffin and vusi ahead of him in the 20 doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me

Does that mean chamu opens with taylor?
would have to be mate , i would ruch rather hammy and the top especially seeing as he is our vice captain and one of our most experienced players.i would rather mawayo at the top he looks the goods and has been very consistent at domestic level and even against new zealand A .just proves no one is really safe , also looks like the selectors arent a big fan of him. thank god dabengwa isnt there anymore and thats the end of his international career. i have to admit he has been faithful to zim cricket and showed heart but clearly hes not good enough

Who says that its the end of his career mate... he is only 30 and that is the age cricketers start to peak, look at the ages of the top test sides in the world...

andybligz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by andybligz »

Who says that its the end of his career mate... he is only 30 and that is the age cricketers start to peak, look at the ages of the top test sides in the world...[/quote]

Xlife: if u read what i wrote properly i said i hope its the end of career because im not a fan and he has donne nothing worthy to be a fan. i also have most of the people in this forum to back me up in that, yes hes still young enough but were not a test nation yet whos 2nd in the world where we have people that have played over 55 tests ect. why would u pick dabengwa ? when we are trying to development the next generation zim cricketers at test level . if dabengwa cant make a 50 in 55 odis why pick him?

clikcspeed
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by clikcspeed »

At this point I really think the selectors need to reevaluate this squad. Masakadza in the Zim squad is like Ponting in Aus, even if he's not performing you dare not leave him out of the team.

Some of you will recall a short article I posted earlier this year - http://zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1856

Zimbabwe seldom perform without a partnership from Masakadza and Taylor. On the other hand, experimenting is good - certainly Chibhabha (assuming he will open the batting with Taylor) will feel more comfortable and play without the pressure of losing his position, but still this is not reason enough for leaving Masakadza out - this is really a bad call.

Can we have a petition please? Seriously

aydee

Post by aydee »

Xlife wrote:
Who says that its the end of his career mate... he is only 30 and that is the age cricketers start to peak, look at the ages of the top test sides in the world...
He's 27!

Zimfanatic69

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

Boundary wrote:Oh, and Dabengwa too!
HARARE- Poor form has once again cost Zimbabwe batsman Hamilton Masakadza a World Cup place after he was dropped from the 30-man preliminary squad, which was trimmed to 20 Wednesday.

The 27-year-old Masakadza, one of Zimbabwe’s most experienced players with 102 ODI caps under his belt, was also overlooked for the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies after his form dipped towards the tournament.

Masakadza was in Zimbabwe’s squad for the recent tour of Bangladesh but was not selected for the first two matches of the one-day series. He then managed just 3 and 6 runs when he got a chance in the third and fifth ODIs.

Before the Bangladesh tour his highest score in two series was 30, the lowest ebb being two ducks and 8 runs against Ireland at home in a three-match series.

In 2003, Masakadza could have made Zimbabwe’s World Cup squad but was studying at a university in South Africa.

Back in 2001 as a 17-year-old Harare schoolboy playing against the West Indies, Masakadza became the youngest batsman to score a century on his Test debut before the record was beaten by Bangladesh’s Mohammad Ashraful.

20-man squad
Elton Chigumbura (captain), Regis Chakabva, Chamu Chibhabha, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Terry Duffin, Craig Ervine, Sean Ervine, Greg Lamb, Tino Mawoyo, Shingirai Masakadza, Chris Mpofu, Tinashe Panyangara, Ray Price, Ed Rainsford, Vusi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Sean Williams.
http://dailynews.co.zw/sport/36-sports/ ... break.html

This shows the side is getting some strength in depth that Hammie can be dropped.

I like Hammie. He is a 100% committed player and has bags of natural ability. I desperately hope this is a temporary blip for him and Hammie returns to the side in great form.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
clikcspeed wrote:Hamilton WTF???
And the Dabengwa camp is happy now I guess :D that was also a surprise. @SLOANDOG, drinks on you!

Mine's a nice drop of red, Ryan :D
hahaha you legend ! :lol: ;)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

probably a good move...Masakadza has looked terrible of late. he's out of form and needs to get his form back. i would prolly have had him in the 15 man squad but left him out of teh starting XI.

scores against kenya and whatever should not count for much when he hasn't broken double digits in 5 games against Ireland and Bangaldesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Cricket is so fickle.
He scores a 50, he's our hero.
He has a bad trot, his career is over...?

Zimfanatic69

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

sloandog wrote:Cricket is so fickle.
He scores a 50, he's our hero.
He has a bad trot, his career is over...?

I hope not. I like Hammie. He is just going through a bad patch at the moment. I am confident he will come back and Hammie and Brendan will open for us in ODI's for a few more years to come.