Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:24 pm
Is Shingi kicking about still?

not the answer as he is also mid thirties, but just remembered him.

Seemed to be the one player that could have made it much more than he did, yet didnt.
135km bowler, great domestic stats and could bat as good as any tail ender.
Yeah I always thought he was under used, especially when the likes of Tarusai Muzarabani were getting regular caps
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Craig and BT were stitched up and apparently are very bleak about what ZC have done. No real suprise. ZC seem to be addicted to leaving out at least 3 key players for any given tour, so, shocker.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:53 pm
Craig and BT were stitched up and apparently are very bleak about what ZC have done. No real suprise. ZC seem to be addicted to leaving out at least 3 key players for any given tour, so, shocker.
Yes I have heard the same, appears that ZC refused to allow them to join the bubble even after negative covid tests :roll:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Yes I have heard the same, appears that ZC refused to allow them to join the bubble even after negative covid tests :roll:
When exactly did they try join the bubble? From my understanding the SRC and GVT gave them strict rules including 10 days isolation before they travelled and a 14 day quarantine when they get back. I just assumed this whole time that they didn’t make the deadline to get into camp

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 pm
Flakeman wrote:
When exactly did they try join the bubble? From my understanding the SRC and GVT gave them strict rules including 10 days isolation before they travelled and a 14 day quarantine when they get back. I just assumed this whole time that they didn’t make the deadline to get into camp
That is basically what happened. Players are still frustrated though.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It wouldn't be the first time ZC have been needlessly draconian with our star players. It also wouldn't be the first time our star players have needlessly not followed the same guidelines expected of everyone else.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, hard to say. Probably foolish moves on both sides leaving us without our two best test batsmen.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So did they refuse to go in to the bubble or were they told one thing and another thing happened?

It would not surprise me that ZC change the rules, but also does not surprise me that some of the big names get a bit lazy. They could probably have a 3 week break and still be light years ahead of the rest of the guys. Didn't Craig say he struggled to pick up a bat for months after the WCQ fiasco, yet when he came back he was still our best batsman.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If there is a way to get these guys in. They really should, or it’s going to get reeeeeal ugly. Don’t be fooled by centuries scored in intra matches against 120k bowlers and gentle dibbly offies on a flat pitch.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If they all had Covid then I suspect BT and Ervine pulled positive tests and Williams pulled a false negative (this has been happening a lot here). This is why they probably didn’t get into camp and Williams did

What they should have then done was to put BT and Ervine in isolation separately from the squad so that they meet the government deadline. Just like they did for Williams

Another thing is that after you catch covid certain sports require that you go for heart scans etc because there is certain damage that happens to your body that you can’t see. These guys are also in their mid-30s. It’s not the same as a 20 year old. I know a couple of healthy people who were hit really hard and 1 even died at that age.

There is more to life than cricket. A test match requires real fitness. They will bounce back. The truth is that if Burl and Musakanda can’t step up against Afghanistan then who will they do it against?