Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Post by eugene »

Texas is a developmental backwater?! That is surely a joke.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I work for a Californian company.
Can confirm at least one closet conservative is making moves to go Florida.
There’s a few Stereotypes there for sure though.

And yes the homeless in San Diego, LA and even San Fran was shockingly unbelievable last time I went there.

The only good thing about LA is Hollywood.

Without Hollywood it has nothing appealing.

I actually liked Vegas the most, northern Texas seems decent, as does Utah and Colorado for me. New York also has a certain appeal that’s hard to describe.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:59 am
Flakeman wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:16 am

Loads of people are fleeing California for red states. Don’t be naive. The main and obvious issues are ridiculous taxation, and the extremely poor business environment. The cost of living is ridiculous, too. There are homeless folk everywhere in LA and San Fran. It’s shocking.

The growth rate is at a record low. As New York has also found out, if you tax the hell out of the middle to upper class, they just leave. It’s just an all round mess.

Anyway, let’s not derail the thread. Apologies.
There will always be some net migration from one place to another. If Millions are leaving California, millions are also moving to CA because the population has GROWN by 2.1 million in the last decade. Basic arithmetic.

Millions are also moving to red states but it’s largely blue folks from either coasts. That’s why Texas is getting bluer and bluer and blood red Georgia already went blue.

If you look at the fastest growing cities in the US there almost entirely in red states: Charlotte, Atlanta, Austin, Nashville, etc. but the population growth is almost entirely liberal. Check the vote split in each of those cities it will be 85-15 on average blue to red.

Homeless shouldn’t surprise anyone. Continuous anti-poor policies perpetuating poverty is kinda the whole point. California is not Norway. I don’t know why anyone should be shocked when fuckthepoorism contributes to homelessness. It isn’t exactly rocket science.

No one is moving en masse to red states like Mississippi or Alabama or South Carolina.
[/quote]
Remove Mexicans and Hondurans and see if it has grown much still.
But anywhere economically decent will grow.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:22 am

Remove Mexicans and Hondurans and see if it has grown much still.
But anywhere economically decent will grow.
Correct and California's economy is around 20% bigger than Texas on a per capita basis. Its probably 33% bigger on absolute terms.
Texas is a developmental backwater?! That is surely a joke.
I meant that in historical terms Texas doesn't the same prestige as Cali, NY, or even smaller states Massachusetts or New Jersey, and NJ is a pretty low bar to surpass. How does the energy capital of America have power outages? That would be like Saudi Arabia running out of sand. Actually Saudis would still be better of because they at least have universal healthcare. They guessed windmills broke or the Sun froze and thats why Texas has power issues, before discovering it was in fact frozen natural gas pipes. Renewable energy looks a lot better now. As an aside, invest in solar power stocks (thats where the future of energy is)...you'll thank me in 20 years when your portfolios go parabolic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene

Post by eugene »

Texas had unprecedented weather conditions, once in a century stuff. There were some failings of the grid for a day, but after that all the power outages were due to downed lines, etc. Texas is one of the scientific hubs of the world, particularly in the fields of medicine and aerospace. It is not some backwater. Kriterion, I know you have a generally anti-American point of view, but at least be truthful.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:42 am
Texas had unprecedented weather conditions, once in a century stuff. There were some failings of the grid for a day, but after that all the power outages were due to downed lines, etc. Texas is one of the scientific hubs of the world, particularly in the fields of medicine and aerospace. It is not some backwater. Kriterion, I know you have a generally anti-American point of view, but at least be truthful.

Massachusetts, NY, and California are also in America so I don’t see the anti Americanism. Maybe you Guys need to be more pro American! Need I remind you, the American Revolution started in Massachusetts essentially. Assuming I’m less American than Joe White because my skin is brown is not a very American way of thinking about it.

It’s not the bad weather that’s an issue as much as blaming it on solar and wind when it was natural gas that was the issue. It’s one thing to say that they were investigating the cause and didn’t know another to blame the wrong cause. NASA is merely located in Houston, it doesn’t mean all the great minds were educated in Texas. Compare with all the Nobel Prizes coming out of MIT, Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, UCLA, and other institutions and it’s not even a contest. The only school in Texas that is close to that level is Rice. Not saying other schools are bad, they just aren’t Stanford level.

Trying to strip colored people’s votes in other states with the 2020 Supreme Court lawsuit is just part of the backwardness I’m alluding to. That’s not forward thinking at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I just dont have the strength...

eugene

Post by eugene »

Flakeman wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:48 pm
I just dont have the strength...
Few of us do. Some are ready to impune the entire state of Texas due to a few politicians and people on facebook claiming wind turbines were solely responsible for the recent power issues.