Ed Rainsford

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Ed Rainsford

Post by Train Driver »

Has anybody heard what Ed is up to at the moment ?

The scorecard for Sussex 2nd XI v Gloucestershire 2nd XI has just become available on Cricket Archive. It lists an EG Rainsford in the Gloucestershire side who opened the bowling and took 16-5-56-3, scored 0 and 5 batting at no 9 and took 1 catch.

I can find only one reference to him on the Gloucestershire website where he is shown as Edward Rainsford.

It is highly possible, I suppose, as he may have been given a trial after being referred by Anthony Ireland.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Ed Rainsford

Post by andy24 »

cricket info rekons it is him. Maybe if he performs well enough he could take over Anthony's spot in th 1s

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

Oh goody, Gloucestershire my local county team :D ! I have seen Anthony Ireland once.

aydee

Post by aydee »

I suppose this is the end of Ed Rainsford's international career. If he was to play for Gloucestershire it would have to be as a Kolpak player, which would mean that he wouldn't be able to play for both Zim and the county....

I guess that's another player down the drain...

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

aydee wrote:I suppose this is the end of Ed Rainsford's international career. If he was to play for Gloucestershire it would have to be as a Kolpak player, which would mean that he wouldn't be able to play for both Zim and the county....
Bear in mind that Kolpaks are on the way out (one of the EU's more sensible decisions) - if he's going to end up playing for a county, then unless they sign him very quickly indeed it'll be as a designated overseas player - in which case he'd be free to play for Zimbabwe as well.

(Looks like current Kolpak players will be allowed to see out their contracts, so don't expect any of Zim's Kolpaks to be coming back just yet. I'd expect a few of them will, though, as without the Kolpak system there won't be as many opportunities for Zim players to play in England...)

evenwood skip

Post by evenwood skip »

eddy is doing well at gloucs im his captain at the club he is playing for evenwood cc and i have every confidence that he will make it :D

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

evenwood skip wrote:eddy is doing well at gloucs im his captain at the club he is playing for evenwood cc and i have every confidence that he will make it :D
Glad to hear he's doing well! I don't think anyone here would doubt his talent - he just wasn't being given the chance by ZC to make the most of it. A spell in county cricket should work wonders for him, I'd hope...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Welcome to the forum evenwood skip, glad to hear he's playing well :)
Please do stop by again in the future, we appreciate any information we can get about Zimbabwe and the players :D

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Ed played a second time for Gloucestershire 2nd XI in june.

In a high scoring game, Glamorgan 456-6d & 194-8d were beaten by Gloucs 325-7d & 326-7.

Ed managed 15-0-96-1 and 4-0-24-1 and was not required to bat.

Gloucestershire have played two 2nd XI Trophy 50 overs games since, neither of which has Ed been selected for.