PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by Googly »

Seems odd to put your hand up for Irish Test cricket when they play so little of it. Obviously he believes he will make his way into their white ball. I don't see why he wouldn't, he's better than a couple of guys in their existing squad.
He has the ultimate luxury of not having to rely on cricket to put food on his table. You are not held to ransom by anybody and don't have to take an ounce of shit.

PJ is a top bloke, I'm sad that he hasn't decided to come back here because there was certainly a gap for him, but there's a lot of poor history between him and the hierarchy.

Donald

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by Donald »

PJ was in malcolm waller territory for zimbabwe in the one dayers. An average of 20 runs in ODI does not a good player make.
We will miss him in tests though and also for depth in the domestic matches presuming he does not play again in zim.
At 32 years of age we are in dads army phase of zimbabwe cricket especially with ballance williams Kaia ervine and raza in their 30s.
Good for zim to punt on a younger keeper like madande.

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:11 am
Seems odd to put your hand up for Irish Test cricket when they play so little of it. Obviously he believes he will make his way into their white ball. I don't see why he wouldn't, he's better than a couple of guys in their existing squad.
He has the ultimate luxury of not having to rely on cricket to put food on his table. You are not held to ransom by anybody and don't have to take an ounce of shit.

PJ is a top bloke, I'm sad that he hasn't decided to come back here because there was certainly a gap for him, but there's a lot of poor history between him and the hierarchy.
I agree with you one day will sit down and we speak about our experiences :lol: :lol: :lol: how i was banished from being anywhere near players because i was 'bad influence'
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

5 years since Moor scored a First Class century. Just putting that out there.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:55 pm
Its the equivilant of Malcolm Waller retiring peeps.
Nothing to see here

jw2

Post by jw2 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:11 am

If only he had found some decent form this season, he would probably have replaced one of our mercenaries Raza or Burl and been selected to play against West Indies. He told me at the start of the season he was still open to it, but obviously the door is now closed. A sad loss.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:03 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:55 pm
Its the equivilant of Malcolm Waller retiring peeps.
Nothing to see here
It's still sad though. Sure, he hasn't dominated domestically either in Zim or Ireland in recent years and I doubt he is going to significantly strengthen Ireland. But it's still sad.

This hurts way more than anyone going to England or wherever as a teenager. To have played for Zim for years and then mid-career to switch? It's tough. People will struggle to accept that here. He's always spoken about being so patriotic too. He's obviously been messed about by the system and had run-ins with ZC, but who hasn't? Things are immeasurably better at the moment and none of the current players seem to have any urgent grievances with the board currently.

He's going to have to break into their white-ball squad or else he's going to be playing no more than 3 or 4 Tests per year (like us!). Is he better than Tucker?

Also they haven't held a domestic red ball tournament since 2019. Maybe they will this year? Who knows. They play less professional domestic cricket than Zimbabwe and it is, from the streams I've seen, of lower quality. It's hard to see how gets back to the level he was at 5 years ago.

I wish him well, but also, it really hurts. Many will be very disappointed in him. I will be very surprised if he ever plays in Zim domestic cricket again.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

He is a significant loss to our domestic setup. He has already been lost to our international setup for some time now as he prepared to qualify for IRE.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It will be interesting to here what really happened one day and where it all went wrong. Despite not being selected he was still being offered national contracts. Interesting. So there must be 2 sides to the whole story and the truth somewhere in the middle because its also very difficult to mistreat somebody who ultimately doesn't need cricket to survive.