PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by zimlover »

I find it hard to believe that his possible exclusion is some kind of sinister plan.The real
Issue here is that he has not been dominating the domestic competitions.

Look at the Kia Brothers they have put runs on the table,let the runs do the talking.

Don’t get me wrong I would like to see him in a Zim Test side but his form lately has been questionable.

If ZC are saying they will pick players based on their performance on the domestic scene,it helps to make it clear what are the expectations required for you to get selected.

Is he really struggling to get going score one or two hundreds in the domestic scene.

If he goes on and players for Ireland and become they star batsman so be it.I wish him well as a fellow Zimbabwean.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by jaybro »

Would everyone chill the fuck out lol he's signed a club contract in the European Summer, he hasn't switched his alliance to Ireland
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac

Post by tawac »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 am
Is he suppose to move permanently to play for Ireland cricket? IF yes then it will be bigger loss to us(Cricket Zimbabwe)

https://www.cricketireland.ie/news/arti ... rn-knights
Not much of a loss really. His performances in domestic cricket dont even warrant a selection.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

tawac wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am
chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 am
Is he suppose to move permanently to play for Ireland cricket? IF yes then it will be bigger loss to us(Cricket Zimbabwe)

https://www.cricketireland.ie/news/arti ... rn-knights
Not much of a loss really. His performances in domestic cricket dont even warrant a selection.
Did well in the most recent round of Logan Cup matches I seem to remember, not to mention the fact he averages 35 in test cricket...

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think we should also remember he isn't a great wicketkeeper at all. Hasn't had the gloves in the Logan Cup this season even, made quite a lot of mistakes behind the stumps in Zimbabwe colours when he did have the gloves. If Ireland have scouted him out for that (Ireland have a very real, serious WK shortage) then so be it. He has a lot more to give and a lot of potential as a quality batsmen though. I hope he goes on to fulfil it, either in Ireland or Zim.

I don't think he'd have any reason to switch allegiances tbh. Ireland play even less cricket than Zim so that wouldn't make sense. His family are absolutely minted so it can't be for the money.

It's probably just a club deal at this stage.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

PJ quits Chevrons...

Former Zimbabwe vice captain PJ Moor has turned down a contract extension offer from Zimbabwe Cricket opting instead to play inter-provincial cricket in Ireland for Munster Reds.

Moor who has an Irish passport will leave for Ireland on 18th of April. https://t.co/4nsvyUiNtH
:shock: :shock: :shock:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Marshmallow wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm
PJ quits Chevrons...

Former Zimbabwe vice captain PJ Moor has turned down a contract extension offer from Zimbabwe Cricket opting instead to play inter-provincial cricket in Ireland for Munster Reds.

Moor who has an Irish passport will leave for Ireland on 18th of April. https://t.co/4nsvyUiNtH
Well what a shame that is. Another good player gone.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Marshmallow wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm
PJ quits Chevrons...

He's only rejected the short domestic contract extension that have been offered to everyone after the season got extended post-covid. So he's effectively rejected a 2-month contract from Tuskers. He didn't have a national/central contract anyway.

It doesn't mean he's 'quit the Chevrons' at all.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Sad to see him go. But he has been in poor form until 2 logan cup matches ago. Really failed to take his chances in shorter formats. I see Burl following, he has really been another disappointment. looks like Kyle Jarvis will not be here for long, honestly another average at best player we are losing. we are really exposed now. We do not have a team across all formats.

t20

1) BT
2) Raza
3) Williams
4) ?
5)Wes
6)Burl
7) Mutumbami
8) Wellington
9) Blessing
10) Ngarava
11) ?

test

1) Prince
2) Kasuza
3) Ervine
4) Taylor
5) Williams
6) Raza
7) Chakabva
8) Blessing
9) Ngarava
10) Nyauchi
11) Chisoro

ODI

1) Musakanda
2) Burl
3) Ervine
4) Taylor
5) Williams
6) Raza
7) Mutumbami
8) Wellington
9) Blessing
10) Ngarava
11) ?

Tough times ahead hey.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Moving to Ireland won't benefit Moor much, I hope he stays with Zimbabwe.

No matter what you guys say but if Moor goes it will be a loss for Zimbabwe.