Zimbabwe Domestic T20 Competition 2021

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Zimbabwe Domestic T20 Competition 2021

Post by zimbos_05 »

I can't think that time would be a factor here. It's a T20 comp with 5 teams. Even with playing 2 games a day, you could have a decent 2-3 week competition. 4 games is not even a full home and away season. It's barely a season. I know we are heading in to winter but certain sacrifices have to be made if we want to improve.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I was thinking this is some additional tournament apart from the usual T20 they already have, if this is the only T20 they play in the season then it surely is a joke and tells us why Zimbabwe are so far behind in this format.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

This just a joke. ZC need to improve. Why are they always making the same mistakes. We seriously need to be playing more games at domestic level if we are going to improve in this format. Cant really expect miracles here.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZC should have wider concept in domestic Odis & T20s.Board puts lots of effort in four day games but the result here is big Zero as Zimbabwe is not a part of test championship as a result its hard to get test fixtures against top teams.

If ZC along with Cricket Ireland & Afghanistan makes strong demands in ICC in getting themselves in Test Championship for next leg then only four dayers will have value, else ZC should think of development in shorter format keeping in mind back to back ICC tournaments knocking at the door.

ICC Qualifiers are not going to be easy as associate nations are playing good amount of cricket this time. Teams like USA, Canada are developing a strong unit with migration from India, Pakistan, England, New Zealand & few from Caribbean islands. Namibia, Nepal, UAE are also strong enough to trouble lower ranked teams. Present Zimbabwe side has got lots of potential and can easily reach at the main event but what they lacking are less number of One dayers and T20s in domestic level to improve their skills.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

You are a wise man Raj

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:08 am
ZC should have wider concept in domestic Odis & T20s.Board puts lots of effort in four day games but the result here is big Zero as Zimbabwe is not a part of test championship as a result its hard to get test fixtures against top teams.

If ZC along with Cricket Ireland & Afghanistan makes strong demands in ICC in getting themselves in Test Championship for next leg then only four dayers will have value, else ZC should think of development in shorter format keeping in mind back to back ICC tournaments knocking at the door.

ICC Qualifiers are not going to be easy as associate nations are playing good amount of cricket this time. Teams like USA, Canada are developing a strong unit with migration from India, Pakistan, England, New Zealand & few from Caribbean islands. Namibia, Nepal, UAE are also strong enough to trouble lower ranked teams. Present Zimbabwe side has got lots of potential and can easily reach at the main event but what they lacking are less number of One dayers and T20s in domestic level to improve their skills.
Basically how Afghanistan came from "nowhere" to being better than us.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

So many brilliant ideas in this forum from hardcore Zim cricket fans. Even more unfortunate is how ZC would never listen to a Fans Union coming up with ideas on how to move forward. Alistair Campbell had similar visions about 10 years ago. I believe if the ICC do not want governments to get involved then they should. They have an overview of what has worked in successful countries and they should have some compulsory game development programs across all member nations.

Have a more uniform world domestic calendar for franchises in ODI and t20 then have top franchises from each country competing in a Champions league style tournament at the end. Skills will improve and this will translate to the national teams. Cant keep on giving a bunch of clueless administrators millions every 4 years.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:23 am
So many brilliant ideas in this forum from hardcore Zim cricket fans. Even more unfortunate is how ZC would never listen to a Fans Union coming up with ideas on how to move forward. Alistair Campbell had similar visions about 10 years ago. I believe if the ICC do not want governments to get involved then they should. They have an overview of what has worked in successful countries and they should have some compulsory game development programs across all member nations.

Have a more uniform world domestic calendar for franchises in ODI and t20 then have top franchises from each country competing in a Champions league style tournament at the end. Skills will improve and this will translate to the national teams. Cant keep on giving a bunch of clueless administrators millions every 4 years.
Can't have a uniform domestic comp due to climates. Also, they tried a Champions league style T20 and it failed. India basically wanted all the good players for their teams and forced everyone else to accept their terms. No one really bought in to the idea or concept.

tawac

Post by tawac »

The eagles squad

CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:11 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:08 am

Basically how Afghanistan came from "nowhere" to being better than us.
- Opportunity of having some club cricket in Pakistan, Bangladesh & India
- Choosing T20 format as the route to make a name in cricket
- Gathering some furious muscular power hitters of the cricket bowl with zero or basically no technique which is needed in T20 formats
- Playing in flaccid & spin friendly pitches of UAE & India
- Natural talent in form of Rashid Khan & Nabi who now are national leaders that changing the whole culture of war hit country
- Target & perform against lower ranked ICC Side and make other board members happy with their performance in getting status of full member.

-