Pro 50 Series Thread: 18th-28th April

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Pro 50 Series Thread: 18th-28th April

Post by sloandog »

Super stuff from Brad Evans. Knew he could bowl, had no idea he could bat like that. Well played

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Nyauchi getting figures of 5/41 for his troubles great turn that. One of the better bowlers in the domestic set up he just needs to translate his performances on the bigger stage.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

tawac wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Nyauchi getting figures of 5/41 for his troubles great turn that. One of the better bowlers in the domestic set up he just needs to translate his performances on the bigger stage.
Absolutely! Delighted for him.

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

Brad Evans is everything that Zimbabwe needs at the moment but unfortunately we all know that he would not get selected. I hope he gets into the main XI of whatever county he plays for in England. Who knows what the future may hold for him. Maybe Ireland or Scotland?

MGN

Post by MGN »

franco vazquez wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Brad Evans is everything that Zimbabwe needs at the moment but unfortunately we all know that he would not get selected. I hope he gets into the main XI of whatever county he plays for in England. Who knows what the future may hold for him. Maybe Ireland or Scotland?
You can't be so sure about that, he is already been picked as a reserve in the squad against Pakistan.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
Erm...why do we 'all know' he won't get selected?

He's already been picked by ZC as a Reserve for the coming T20I series, despite having a pretty average domestic T20 tournament last week.

He's nearly 25. He isn't going to play for a county in England....

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm
franco vazquez wrote:

He's already been picked by ZC as a Reserve for the coming T20I series, despite having a pretty average domestic T20 tournament last week.

Either way no one can actually know, his chances are actually better in Zim ATM because he is in Zim.

This bloke made his shield debut recently at 29. https://www.cricket.com.au/news/jimmy-s ... 2021-04-02

I know of a couple in Aus that got selected late 20s to first class cricket
Last edited by Zimco on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It will be interesting to see if Chatara and Jarvis ever make it back into the national team. They are both over 30.

Personally I would rather spend the money on keeping Blessing, Ngarava, Evans, Nyauchi, Mumba and Chivanga in the setup. With the right bowling coach these guys can develop well. The bowling department is where the rebuild can start

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Chatara is only 30, he could have many more years if his body was better. Jarvis 32, he could play tests for a few more years but yeah I would like to see some youngsters in the shorter formats. Jimmy Anderson still playing tests at 38!

Preferably Jarvis could play county again and play the odd test for us. That would be ideal
Last edited by Zimco on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm
franco vazquez wrote:

Snater is playing and so is Brandon Glover. Both of them are from the same batch of U19s. He can play for a county especially during COVID when at least 100 players made their debut last year.