1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:59 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm

So you think a guy who isn't very good in limited overs, and is struggling to get runs and establish himself opening the batting in the Test team, should also be burdened with taking the gloves - something he hasn't done at any level for almost 10 years?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

I think I would be a better pick!!!!
Ok lets agree with you. Moor 's future is doubtfull. Gumbie& Mutumbami is not good enough. Clive Madande, Myavo, Nengunzi are not upto the mark. Kevin Kasuza burden factor.

Then who is your replacement of Taylor except horrible Chakabva in Wicket Keeper Batsman Slot?
Chakabva has just had 1 horrible match. Hopefully the selectors aren't as reactionary as you! He's been a good servant to Zim over a 13 year career and his glovework is usually pretty good. He's looked lazy recently which is a concern. But hopefully he turns it around.

Taylor in T20I's. Chakabva in Tests. I don't see the problem really.

We have a shortage of good wicketkeepers for sure. Moor isn't great with the gloves at all. Murray? It doesn't sound like he's interested in coming back anytime soon.

I think Zim have bigger problems at the moment than wicketkeepers though. BT & Regis are fine, will be around for 2-3 years more yet.
Sorry mate that stat is hard to take for a 13 year career
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-04-21-18-31-19-906_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2021-04-21-18-31-19-906_com.android.chrome.jpg (328.8 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Averaging over 25 as a Zim wicketkeeper in Tests, batting at number 7 or 8 most of the time? I don't think that's bad when you consider he has also generally been good with the gloves.

Especially when the alternatives you have suggested are Joylord Gumbie and a guy who hasn't worn gloves for over 10 years!!!!

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 pm
Averaging over 25 as a Zim wicketkeeper in Tests, batting at number 7 or 8 most of the time? I don't think that's bad when you consider he has also generally been good with the gloves.

Especially when the alternatives you have suggested are Joylord Gumbie and a guy who hasn't worn gloves for over 10 years!!!!
Also most pre 2004 batsmen averaged around 25 in tests so for Zim standard in that format he actually isn't that bad. He was poor today though.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:19 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Also most pre 2004 batsmen averaged around 25 in tests so for Zim standard in that format he actually isn't that bad. He was poor today though.
Agreed, very poor. And if BT is feeling better on Friday, he surely comes in to the team in place of Regis.

But Chakabva isn't a bad player, he'll back in the team for Tests and his record in the longer format is pretty good. I don't think we should be scrabbling around for part-time wicketkeepers or very average domestic players to replace him!

MGN

Post by MGN »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:46 pm

If not, team management should ask him to take the role, Taylor has age and he could be unavailable in future also due to injury or other issues. Zim had to think about his replacement.
So you think a guy who isn't very good in limited overs, and is struggling to get runs and establish himself opening the batting in the Test team, should also be burdened with taking the gloves - something he hasn't done at any level for almost 10 years?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Ok lets agree with you. Moor & Murray's future is doubtfull. Gumbie& Mutumbami is not good enough. Clive Madande, Myavo, Nengunzi are not upto the mark. Kevin Kasuza burden factor.
Tsiga, Mupriwa or Nunu rarely plays domestic cricket.

Then who is your replacement of Taylor except horrible Chakabva in Wicket Keeper Batsman Slot?
Didn't Marumani used to keep in some under 19 matches.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Let us take a moment and speak on Marumani's first shot. What instruction if any did he get from the coach if any? The game was still there for the taking then he attempts a 6 first ball? I really believe there arent real cricket brains in the coaching department. I do not think the coach sends each batsmen out with a situation specific plan. Coaches OUT!

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

MGN wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:59 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

Ok lets agree with you. Moor & Murray's future is doubtfull. Gumbie& Mutumbami is not good enough. Clive Madande, Myavo, Nengunzi are not upto the mark. Kevin Kasuza burden factor.
Tsiga, Mupriwa or Nunu rarely plays domestic cricket.

Didn't Marumani used to keep in some under 19 matches.
Yep, he did. But was pretty shoddy with the gloves if I recall and he chose to concentrate on batting.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

I would get Taylor in for kamunkhwane next game ..Regis can still do good down the order...but I have a strong feeling ..ervine will be dropped ..his niggle will be given an excuse and Taylor will come in ..this will maintain the 3 whites quota thing also ..but still my guess ..in ideal situation would drop Klong ..never felt he is going to take us home

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:36 pm
I would get Taylor in for kamunkhwane next game ..Regis can still do good down the order...but I have a strong feeling ..ervine will be dropped ..his niggle will be given an excuse and Taylor will come in ..this will maintain the 3 whites quota thing also ..but still my guess ..in ideal situation would drop Klong ..never felt he is going to take us home
Is there an official document that states that there is a 3 white men quota system in Zim cricket or it is just speculation?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:36 pm
3 whites quota? Why do people actually believe this nonsense? Literally made-up bullshit.