2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by tej_27 »

grant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:52 am
The first time he played that shot, he played it with a straight bat. This time he just heaved across the line and completely missed the ball.
No I think he tried to play the same shot as he thought the ball landed in the same area like the previos ball which it did but the pace was really slow. ..so he went through the shot quite early and ball arrived late and that is why u see the full swing of the bat which ends up looking like a slog

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This is a pretty carefree knock by Taylor so far, and to a lesser extent Chakabva.
Have the team given up on this match so just going out for some hitting practice?

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:12 pm
This is a pretty carefree knock by Taylor so far, and to a lesser extent Chakabva.
Have the team given up on this match so just going out for some hitting practice?
I think that's how Taylor plays in all the test matches that I have seen ..he can never do a blockathon and he is always been ultra aggressive against the spinners with those sweeps slog sweeps reverse sweeps etc ..people here seem surprised but that's how he has always been playing

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

tej_27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:06 pm
grant wrote:
The first time he played that shot, he played it with a straight bat. This time he just heaved across the line and completely missed the ball.
No I think he tried to play the same shot as he thought the ball landed in the same area like the previos ball which it did but the pace was really slow. ..so he went through the shot quite early and ball arrived late and that is why u see the full swing of the bat which ends up looking like a slog
The ball he hit for a six:
first shot.png
first shot.png (282.39 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
The ball he got out to:
The attachment second shot.png is no longer available
Attachments
second shot.png
second shot.png (330.8 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Last edited by grant on Sun May 09, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Regis is just playing balls on merit; pushing the field back and then knocking balls into the gaps.

BT plays like he always plays when he's terribly out of form and tries to hit himself out of the slump. Hasn't worked in the past.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

grant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:18 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:06 pm
grant wrote:
first shot.png

The ball he got out to:
second shot.png
That's just the ending sir ..I think he tried to play similar shot ..just the ball didn't meet the bat so it went past the spot where in thr first pic it meets the ball ..and that is why it looks like a slog

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

tej_27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:17 pm
I think that's how Taylor plays in all the test matches that I have seen ..he can never do a blockathon and he is always been ultra aggressive against the spinners with those sweeps slog sweeps reverse sweeps etc ..people here seem surprised but that's how he has always been playing
There is a stark difference though between when he's in form or not. When he's on song hee oozes confidence and determination, when not you can see it in his whole body language. When he's in form he's also not averse to tough it out against pace. But yes, against he spin he mostly plays the same way, albeit with different results.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:21 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:17 pm
There is a stark difference though between when he's in form or not. When he's on song hee oozes confidence and determination, when not you can see it in his whole body language. When he's in form he's also not averse to tough it out against pace. But yes, against he spin he mostly plays the same way, albeit with different results.
Yeah I agree - this seems to be more of a cavalier approach, like, there's nothing to lose so may as well play a few shots

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

grant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:18 pm

first shot.png

The ball he got out to:
second shot.png
What a perfect illustration of things. Been talking about straight bat shots for ages. Our guys though, for some reason....not sure what goes on in their heads.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:35 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:09 am

But this statement is what could have been said for the India side...soo....
We're not gonna agree on many points but thats okay and I can at least see where you are coming from on most points.

But this one?!?! If you are honestly comparing us even 1% to India then there is no hope for you matey. Madness.

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:55 am
Hamilton Masakadza is board's yes man, in his one year tenure haven't seen any good steps taken, neither we expect from him in nature future.
Unfortunately, like a lot of posters, I guess your entire knowledge of Zimbabwean cricket is based off a few cricinfo scorecards and you have almost 0 knowledge about the country or whats going on. Making sweeping generalisations and basically just guessing doesn't help anyone mate and just makes you look silly.

We've seen, literally, numerous good steps taken this season by the ZC board and particularly by Hammy. Yes, I can also think of 100 bad things as well. And just to confirm; I hate ZC as much as anyone. But you are just guessing; because its easy to guess 'ZC is bad' - because its normally true and has been for the past 20 years. But lots of positives have happened this year that you and other similar posters have no idea about.

- We got our 5th franchise back. This costs ZC a lot, but it was done specifically to ensure recent U19 players get more franchise opportunities. This was a good development.
- We persevered with domestic competitions in all three formats despite Covid and the fact that ICC gave them an exemption to skip the limited overs formats. But ZC went ahead with them anyway. That would never have happened in previous years.
- The board made a big effort to recruit overseas Zimbos for the franchises this season. A few came and many more were contacted. This is an excellent idea to strengthen the quality locally. The board apparently now has a full updated database of overseas based Zimbos.
- The NPL happened. It wasn't perfect by any means, but for a first season it was a good initiative. There are changes I would make for sure, and its questionable which clubs and players were involved. But nonetheless it was a good development idea and I hope it grows and improves next year. Club cricket has been decimated over 15 years - especially outside Harare - so any positive step to try and slowly build back is really good.
- School, Junior & Club cricket was persisted with to some extent despite the pandemic. In years gone by ZC would have just cancelled everything and pocketed the cash. Not this year.
- Facilities grants. A number of schools have had their very unloved facilities tidied up and improved by ZC grants this year. I know a top school headmaster and he speaks very positively about Hammy's personal involvement in school cricket this past year.
- Theres been an effort in the past year to reform regional cricket associations and ensure they have cricket people on the boards and not random looting businessmen.
- ZC have funded and organised coach education courses, umpiring courses and even scorers courses this season. I haven't heard of them consistently doing those things over the past ten years so it is nice to see them doing them recently again.
- The next crop of U19's aiming for next years world cup have a proper training plan, a proper strength and conditioning plan and some vague notion of a pathway. Hats off to Gavin Ewing for his work here.

Theres 1,000 things that are still bad, and yes it could all go tits up tomorrow because its ZC. Theres still a million things I would do more and change more. But small steps are better than none, right? People on here expecting us to be like India or Pakistan or England are insane. How many cliches do you want? Rome wasn't built in a day? Walk before you can run? I could go on.....

But then again, it's easy to make sweeping statements and guesses from behind a computer screen 5,000 miles away without having a clue about whats happening in the country right?

- 5th franchise in ZC domestic cricket is not permanent sometimes it goes to Rising Stars in one season then an academy side Riders in next season, though there was no official confirmation on why Alistar Campbell's Academy was removed, few says finance problem, few says due to lack of competition by the youths. Thats not the way to treat a domestic side when ZC already knew it will be based on youths, instead of giving confidence they have been thrown out. Doesnt know future of Southern Rocks, as ZC very easily removes the 5th side.

- All Cricket playing nations postponed their domestic tournaments even the associate nations also and after COVID eased away domestic tournaments resumed, its not a big deal.News of firing workers were there before COVID after England gave the way to resume cricket every thing sorted out.

-Overseas Zimbos are mainly a 2nd XI players in their respective counties few might have represented their clubs. It wasnt effort of Masakadza its the BREXIT issue that made them come back and play few games in Zimbabwe, earn some money, the same thing happened in South Africa. Once proper guidelines come out, all will fly back to UK and will not show any interest.Overseas recruitment will not improve the quality of domestic cricket. ZC have to keep note on how many thrillers they played in four dayers, one dayers & T20s. How to prepare a balanced wicket that will help both bowlers & batters. 5/6 domestic T20s or Odis are not enough to get talents and challenge top teams, number of domestic games in each format should increase so that the match situation they face at the international level happens in domestic cricket and the players become used to and gain match awareness.

-ZC have failed to stop migration of the players, by organizing proper financial structure.Players like Welch, Byrom, Lake and rest of the guys could have been now playing international cricket for Zim. ZC still can't stop their under 19s flying away to other nations.Under 19 selection should be on those guys who have interest for representing Zimbabwe, else should'nt be selected.Overseas Zimbo only gave poor fans a fake belief if these guys represent Zimbabwe, else nothing happend

- NPL club cricket is a great concept way it was brought to lime light was an excellent effort but the format they played lacked that grill, it would have been better if it was played in T20 format as club cricket is prime source of raw talents.

- After Taibu departed, Zimbabwe A team concept and High Performance concept ended, domestic performers are not getting opportunity to groom. It was 2017 since A tour happend, there was no A tour for 2 years pre COVID situation happend.

- Alistar Campbell & Tatenda Taibu were the last guys, raised the issue of new players, under 19s skipping Zimbabwe and migrating to other nation and wanted to set up a process to end all this,but nothing came from Masakadaza or Mukuhalani.

These responses prove my points completely. Unfortunately many south Asian posters like to presume, generalise and guess and literally ignore what someone in the country, on the ground and involve in the local game tell you. But if you think you know more from 5000 miles away then okay. But you sound utterly clueless and uninformed

Good for you lol