Stuart MacGill says Aus A should not be touring Zim

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

Re: Stuart MacGill says Aus A should not be touring Zim

Post by aydee »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
clikcspeed wrote:We really need this tour to happen, thats all I can say.

So we can be hammered by an innings in every 4 day game, and pummelled in the one dayers.

No one will learn from that.
??

So all of a sudden exposure against better sides would not be of benefit?? A home series against a national A team is surely exactly the needed level of competition...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:

So we can be hammered by an innings in every 4 day game, and pummelled in the one dayers.

The Australian players might learn a thing or two.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

HASBEEN! he was 35 when he made his decision so he should just keep quiet. We didnt hear these cats calling for the AUS team not to participate at the Beijing Olympics. Did ANY country boycott those olympics? Please give us a break.

Nothing has changed honestly if anything there have been much worse human rights abuses since he took his stance (RUN Off period was definitely one of the worst)
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Stuart MacGill has never struck me as the most personable bloke, but I do believe he is smart and a thinker. I was never fully onboard with the respect the media gave him for his decision to boycott the tour to Zimbabwe because he, like most people, would have realised the chances of the Test series taking place were fairly minimal. I don't doubt he had moral reservations about an Australian tour to Zimbabwe, but boycotting a tour he wasn't going to be a part of anyway would not have been the arduous decision that the media built it up to be.

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

eugene wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:

The Australian players might learn a thing or two.

Yeah, they might learn the joy of touring Zim is easy runs and easy wickets. Does their averages no harm at all.

I would rather see Bangladesh A and West Indies A touring. We could beat those bitches.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Stuart MacGill has never struck me as the most personable bloke, but I do believe he is smart and a thinker. I was never fully onboard with the respect the media gave him for his decision to boycott the tour to Zimbabwe because he, like most people, would have realised the chances of the Test series taking place were fairly minimal. I don't doubt he had moral reservations about an Australian tour to Zimbabwe, but boycotting a tour he wasn't going to be a part of anyway would not have been the arduous decision that the media built it up to be.
Not the most personable, no, but certainly cerebral.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Regardless as wrong as he is/could be...

You have to admire Macgill......

He only has the interest of the Zimbabwean people at heart.

Just the common man on the street or in the jungle.

That said....i see some issues with his words or what the reporter is saying.

That traveller website hasnt been updated since around '07. One of my earliest posts on ZCF quoted the same wording about a year ago.....this could be because the issue is still valid, but i suspect its more to do with not being updated. Misinformation to justify misinformation.

Macgill is VERY opinionated though. He recently got dumped from a high profile gig at a breakfast radio station for being very blunt and opiniated, and a tad aggressive- it didnt fit the mood of the role, as it is meant to be a light hearted comedy sports breakfast show.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*