Match Thread - 4th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Match Thread - 4th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

maehara wrote:
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Cricinfo has gone haywire though, they've lost track of the scores.
17.1 Samuels to Sibanda, no run
16.6 Taylor to Masakadza, 1 run, on the ribs area, played with soft hands and sets off for a single
Cricbuzz don't seem to be much better:
18.1 Taylor to Sibanda, no run
17.6 Samuels to Sibanda, no run
:)
Turn that into a century :D
He's due one, anyway. If he can avoid the usual rush of blood to the head (and he's doing well enough that he shouldn't need to get carried away), then this could be his day...
Hell. Finding accurate scores might be tough now... if only that live stream worked. I've emailed them but I don't expect miracles. Apparantly in the last match it only came on for the last over! :|

ZIM 0/90 (apparantly)

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Ey, looks like Vusi/Masakadza doing the building job after 22 overs without lose at a run rate of 4. But Masakadza needs to up his strike rate its smiply unacceptable for a player of his class. maybe he just needs to believe more in his ability as a bats man.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

tawac wrote:Ey, looks like Vusi/Masakadza doing the building job after 22 overs without lose at a run rate of 4. But Masakadza needs to up his strike rate its smiply unacceptable for a player of his class. maybe he just needs to believe more in his ability as a bats man.
Masakadza's picking up the strike rate now it seems: H Masakadza 41(60)

andy

Post by andy »

these two might become two very good openers from now on

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

V Sibanda 71.11
H Masakadza 68.18
Yeah, he's finally started upping the rate - about time too. Don't know if it's a confidence thing, but it does seem to take him a while to settle.

Still, the important things are that
a) he's still there - I think this is Zim's best opening partnership of the series, by a mile; and
b) he's making a good contribution.
Another case of one of the guys making us eat our critical words? Maybe... :)

andy

Post by andy »

Masakadza 50 well done :D :D

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

This opening partnership has been good, I will admit. However, I'll reserve my final opinion until after Taylor's innings. If he does well at number 4/5, then perhaps the new opening combination could be trialled for a while

tawac

Post by tawac »

Zimbabwe good at this point 250 very much within reach but if either of these guys goes to make a big one (come boyz its been too long since we last saw a 100 from a Zimbo save for Taibu during S.A tour) 280 would give the bowlers something to bowl at. Masakadza's strike up 57 from 73 good stuff. Now its Vusi whose forgetting how to score.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

andy

Post by andy »

MIght want to up the tempo just a bit more

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

tawac wrote:Zimbabwe good at this point 250 very much within reach but if either of these guys goes to make a big one (come boyz its been too long since we last saw a 100 from a Zimbo save for Taibu during S.A tour) 280 would give the bowlers something to bowl at. Masakadza's strike up 57 from 73 good stuff. Now its Vusi whose forgetting how to score.
We have wickets in hand. All of our wickets! With less than 20 overs to go, it basically gives everyone free reign to have a bit of a hit. Chigumbura might be promoted...