Murray Goodwin

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Murray Goodwin

Post by Train Driver »

I know this may be the wrong place to post this, but what the hell ......

I have just got home from watching the first days play in the Sussex v Somerset county championship match at Horsham.

Murray has always seemed a bit shy of scoring runs when i happen to be watching, i saw his 90 odd against Surrey and the last 70 of his 184 against Hampshire this season but today, at last, i have seen him go from 0 to 100.

5 hours of pure genius, 137 from 225 balls with 21 fours. The man is an absolute joy to watch, nothing flash, accumulation, always keeping his and the teams score ticking over, talking to the less experienced batsmen, some superb cutting and driving and a vicious puller of the short ball. I personally would pay my membership to watch him if none of the other players turned up.

An enormous loss to Zimbabwean cricket has been our gain in Sussex, i believe today was his 37th 1st class 100 for us in his 8th season, what he lacks in size and, for some reason, reputation he more than makes up for in sheer skill and determination.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Murray Goodwin

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

37th century in 8 seasons, that's incredible.

I wonder how he would have gone if he had played for a longer period of time in Test matches. Could he have potentially passed some of Andy Flower's records?

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Murray Goodwin

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

He is currently playing for Ahmedabad Rockets in ICL. Opening with australian Ryan campbell, they scored the highest wicket partnership in ICL. Streak is also in the same squad.
Run machine Hick is also making his ICL debut for Chandigarh lions. Coming at No.3 he is unbeaten on 2 runs off 2 balls against strong Lahore badshah's.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu