Waller and Marillier

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
davyk35
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Waller and Marillier

Post by davyk35 »

Can anyone tell me why these two keep getting left out?
Waller: had a great first class season and has also been knocking on the door for a while.
Marillier: he to had a good first class season,did well against Ireland and New Zealand given they were his first rep games.

It amazes me that these two cant get a spot in the 32 man squad,I dont know who is responsible for picking this squad but whoever it is should get there head looked at for sure,for us to get better as a cricketing nation you have to leave the problems behind and pick your strongest set of players.

jimbo

Re: Waller and Marillier

Post by jimbo »

Im just glad that dabengwa and matsi arent anywhere near the national set up

There is a lot of talent in the squad, Forster Mutizwa has been unlucky for a few years but he was included, Sikanda Raza had a good domestic season, in the batters column I cant see too many players who are undeserving of a place in the squad, Some of the bowlers pedigree is up for debate however

davyk35
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by davyk35 »

There is loads of talent no doubt about that but I cant fathom that they cant even get into the 32 when people were talking about them playing for the national side earlier this side.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

yeah they are unlucky!! Luckily the Zim players nowadays are picked on a meritocracy rather than colour so My reckoning is that they were very close to the 32

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

davyk35 wrote:There is loads of talent no doubt about that but I cant fathom that they cant even get into the 32 when people were talking about them playing for the national side earlier this side.
Our fault, not the selectors