Brown Fired For Being To Pro White

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Brown Fired For Being To Pro White

Post by zimfan1 »

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe ... 64048.html

this is crap

i feel this is the end

will taylor, williams and price now stay? i doubt it

no one will play us and all our best players have gone

as a man who used to play cricket at school with the likes of sean ervine and kingsly went i am so upset what the cricket board has done to the game of cricket in zimbabwe

zulu

Re: Brown Fired For Being To Pro White

Post by zulu »

This is a huge blow Brown seemed a very good coach and had good sucess rebuilding the team, and i totally aggree i dont see any of the white players staying now zimbabwe cricket looks like its going to go downhill from here and its really sad too see.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

These are extremely difficult times for Zimbabwean cricket and its die hard fans like us. These power hungry administrators have almost buried cricket in Zimbabwe.

Now, the only hope is that this article from Steven Price turns out to be somewhat incorrect, as a few of them have been in the past, or an internal patch up happens, and Brown hopefully remains the coach. He had brought in that belief back in the team in difficult times. Well, if the news is true, who will they hire next as coach? Hugo Ribatika??? :x

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

Man what on earth is wrong with those power hungry cunts, man i hate to see mt country go down like this :(

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zulu wrote:This is a huge blow Brown seemed a very good coach and had good sucess rebuilding the team, and i totally aggree i dont see any of the white players staying now zimbabwe cricket looks like its going to go downhill from here and its really sad too see.
I completely agree. Robin Brown was the only person keeping Zimbabwe's head above water I feel. We had a couple of important wins (Australia, West Indies) which demonstrated a clear improvement and could be waved in front of the ICC whenever our status was up for review. Can you imagine winning those games if Curran was still in charge? We probably would have been 3/80 after 20 overs against Australia because he feels it's more important to keep wickets in hand rather than push for a high run rate :roll:

Brown gave the team belief and a killer instinct which hadn't been seen by a Zimbabwe for so long. On top of that, he seemed like a genuinely nice bloke (on TV, newspaper reports and so on). Whoever his replacement is has large boots to fill (and 2 high profile wins + X wins in the SA domestic competition isn't exactly a walk in the park for Zimbabwe). It will probably be some unknown, Walter Chawaguta or Steven Mangongo are the names floating around. I suppose we should be crossing our fingers and hoping for Chawaguta, at least he has 6 First Class games under his belt against Mangongo's 0.

This situation is horrible. Board room politics have been spilling over on to the field for far too long, and I really don't want to say at some point down the track that Brown's removal was the straw that broke the camels back.

The original poster said "Brown Fired For Being Too Pro White"... remove the "pro" and I think we have an answer.
CrimsonAvenger wrote:Well, if the news is true, who will they hire next as coach? Hugo Ribatika??? :x
:lol: :lol: :lol:

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

I'm holding out for
-a new government in the next few days (Tsvangirai and Mugabe are due to meet today to discuss a draft GNU agreement); and
- that government to do the right thing and turf the current ZC board.
I don't think anyone in their right mind will deal with ZC until they're certain that the board has a future - and at the moment, I don't think it does.

Means that anyone appointed by ZC now should be considered temporary. GIven Takashinga's influence, I'd put money down that Mangongo will get the nod for now.

Once the board is replaced, I'd quite like to see Alistair Campbell get the job - but I don't think he'd be doing himself any favours by taking on the post while the current wasters are in charge.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

im just praying that campbell gets the job

i also know the bryan strang is still coaching youth teams out in zimbabwe so hope that he can get involved

but on a seperate note tank you robin brown for doing a good job, my father used to play cricket with him in the 80's and speaks of him very highly

i think we are all wating on tenderhooks to see what the team is to play the pakistan acadamy, i fear that it will be full of a buch on school kids and when we loose we will be giving the icc more amo to withdraw our international status with

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Every time I think that the cricket situation in Zimbabwe couldn't get any worse I am always proved wrong by the incompetent thugs at ZC headquarters.

Just keep in mind that even though this latest development of Robin Brown being fired seems disastrous, there will almost certainly be another crisis in the future that will be even worse.

It seems very clear from ZC's actions that whites have no future in the game, either as coaches or players.

I wouldn't hold out for a new government shaking things up either. Any new government will still be full of ZANU-PF thugs and Tsvangirai will have far more pressing issues than cricket.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes