Prematurely writing-off the new generation

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: Prematurely writing-off the new generation

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:11 am
As Secret said, the key is to have at least 2 or 3 kids as talented as Myers and co coming out of every single u19
World Cup.
I think only India is a country that can produce that level of talent in every U-19 batch. Even Pakistan and Bangladesh can't do that. England and Australia can't either, but they have robust domestic systems that in addition to the age-level teams is able to churn out 2-3 players every batch.

For Bangladesh the 2006 U-19 batch had Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, and Mahmudullah (even if he missed the cutoff date, he's just 1 year older than Shakib and Mushfiq so essentially the same generation). That was 15 years ago, and Bangladesh still hasn't replicated the level of batting talent in a single batch.

The 2020 batch has some promising talent with Tanzid Hasan Tamim, Parves Hossain Emon, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Towhid Hridoy, and Shamim Hossain (who debuted vs Zimbabwe recently). But it remains to be seen how many of them get mismanaged by the BCB, and how many of them really have what it takes to cut it at the senior level. Sadly not every U-19 superstar will be good enough for international cricket.
Why do you say Pakistan cant? I thought most countrys can. Its just afterwards, many players drop off

Mueddie28

Re: Prematurely writing-off the new generation

Post by Mueddie28 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:21 pm
My personal opinion is similar to a few others.

They have some talent, but the talent is being way overestimated.
Just a few sibanda/just above types coming in at once, which is better than whats been dished up

ZC jut have to approach their top 7 as
4x fab 4
3x younger players.
+ Regis

1 Wes
2 Regis
3 Erv
4 BT
5 Willo
6 Myers
7 Raza
8 Burl

Works for me.
Let shumba and marumani fight their way in.

I agree

1 BT
2 Regis
3 Erv
4 Wes
5 Willo
6 Myers maybe shumba if he struggles again in the 2nd game
7 Raza
8 jongwe