Hamilton Masakadza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Hamilton Masakadza

Post by Train Driver »

Congratulations to Hamilton on his achievement, the first Test century since Tatenda Taibu in January 2005 i believe

I personally can't think of a better man to have made the first 100 of the new era, a man who has stuck with zim cricket through thick and thin for 10 years

As for the overall team innings, so much promise with so much of a let down ...........................

What have i done to deserve it, don't i see enough of the almost/nearly as a Sussex supporter ?

:roll:

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Hamilton Masakadza

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Train Driver wrote:I personally can't think of a better man to have made the first 100 of the new era, a man who has stuck with zim cricket through thick and thin for 10 years
Agree Train Driver, congrats to Hamilton Masakadza. He has been on a mission to prove his doubters wrong after that ridiculous CWC 2011 exclusion. Congrats, and 1000 test runs are just round the corner.

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

goood man

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

28 today

I wonder if anything particularly nice happened around this birthday

:D

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

Its almost like a rebirth for Hamilton , hope it will spur him on to make more tons for Zim .

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I still dont think dropping him was ridiculous.
Was the wakeup call he needed.

He was fat and perhaps getting lazy and comfortable and he has cone back slimmer with the killer instinct again.

I doubt he got dropped in te same way mupariwa has been dropped. He was always intended to come back
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:I still dont think dropping him was ridiculous.

He was fat and perhaps getting lazy and comfortable and he has cone back slimmer with the killer instinct again.

I doubt he got dropped in te same way mupariwa has been dropped. He was always intended to come back

Admittedly his form had been terrible for about 9 months.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

eugene wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:I still dont think dropping him was ridiculous.

Admittedly his form had been terrible for about 9 months.
Following the same logic Elton should have been dropped way before Hami (and Taibu leading up to WC), and we should now drop Craig. I beg to differ, unless you have better you perservere until you find better. Hami, off form as he was was the incumbant and none markedly better, and to teach poor Coventry how to open at the world cup (who probably is irreparably messed up now) was horrible to say the least, setting up for failure. If AC and co knew Hami was to be dropped, why not have a word with the Tuskers to move Coventry to open, and "learn" the role at Franchise 40 over game? Also why not take someone who has done it at that level (Int) such as Chibaba, no matter how hard you argue it for me it still doesnt make sense, if we wanted to teach him a lesson why did we drop him for Bangla and SA, and give him "a wake up call?" not spite our face by cutting our nose at the latest hour...and we judge the like of Sean for pulling out at the 11th when we do it to ourselves ...its a mistake we made and we have moved past it...lets learn and move on, let us not defend the indefensible, we erred..we are human...life moves on Hami will keep make the runs (yes he will go through patches) but more often than not will come good.
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu