Cheeky Tamim

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TheBradDevil
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Cheeky Tamim

Post by TheBradDevil »

I am somewhat surprised at Tamim's comments at the post day press conference. They were cheeky and arrogant. My question is, can they actually spur Bangladesh on, or must we take this as one more reason to humble our subcontinental brothers? I personally hope the latter..

[Cricinfo correspondent article]
[/If we don't do anything silly, we will win' -
Tamim Firdose Moonda in Harare
August 07, 2011

Nobody can accuse Tamim Iqbal of being modest. The Bangladesh opening batsman was bullish at the end of the fourth day's play, confident that his team would emerge comfortable winners because Zimbabwe's bowlers pose no threat to their line-up. "He's just ok, he's nothing special," Tamim said of
Kyle Jarvis, who took two wickets late in the day to swing the advantage Zimbabwe's way. "I'm just being honest and telling the truth." He was similarly unimpressed with Brian Vitori, the left-arm seamer whose four wickets in the first innings did substantial damage to Bangladesh's cause. "He's ordinary." So, if neither of Zimbabwe's two strike bowlers pose any danger to Bangladesh, what stands in their way on their journey to victory in Harare? "Ourselves," Tamim said. "The wicket is flat so if we don't make mistakes or do anything silly, we should win." Tamim believed his own innings was a
demonstration of how the rest of the line-up
should bat, without fear. "I was going beautifully
and if I was still there we would have had more
runs," he said. "I had a plan, which was to play my shots and I was doing that. It's just bad luck that I got out, that happens in cricket." Despite his crash and burn innings in a tall task for
Bangladesh, Tamim praised Zimbabwe's captain
Brendan Taylor for his sporting declaration, saying it created an opportunity for a good finish. "It was a clever declaration. If they had batted for one hour after tea, we would have been happy to bat for the other hour and might not have gone for the chase, so this was clever." Tamim displays a rare confidence, that is often absent in Bangladesh players and indicated that soon, the rest of the squad may start talking the
talk like he does, although he admitted that they
don't often walk the walk. "Every individual player
knows their game now, so that has a come a long way. We still have a lot to learn and that will come if we play a lot more Test cricket. We can't have a 14-month break," he said, using the opportunity toalso take a snipe at those in charge of the
scheduling. The only group who escaped his criticism were his own team-mates and Tamim wasn't disappointed with their fielding effort, despite their lack of firepower. "Maybe they could have done a little more with the new ball but Robiul [Islam] and Rubel [Hossain] played their hearts out and it was nice to see that."]

BTW that was my first topic posted :-)

jimbo

Re: Cheeky Tamim

Post by jimbo »

If zim bowlers are ordinary then why did we bundle them out for less than 300

Bangladesh bowlers must be abysmal then :D

Shasha

Post by Shasha »

Tamim is trying 2 put up a brave face 4 a team that i lacking in both departments,Bangladesh are gonna lose,i bet they won't reach 250 :ugeek:

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

Comeon guys he leant it from his favourite player Viru Sehwag! Sehwag did not and does not mince his words and I like hime for that Cricketres are the most pretentious sprotsmen it makes me sick sometime. I know exactly what they are going to say at the press so to hear Tamim say that is quite refreshing really. He learnt that when India played Bang and Sehwag was the captain he said they were going to beat Bang and Bang didnt have a chance.

Anyway thats good that he has set the agenda co that gives us something to look forward to in the ODI series! The plot within the plot. So now thats a direct challeng from Bangs opening batsmen to Zims opening pair. LET THE GAMES BEGIN> I love it!!
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

He will get a massive Egg on his face tommorow, I hope all the Zim pacers read this and Crank it up tommorow, Go zim

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

bayhaus wrote: Anyway thats good that he has set the agenda co that gives us something to look forward to in the ODI series! The plot within the plot. So now thats a direct challeng from Bangs opening batsmen to Zims opening pair. LET THE GAMES BEGIN> I love it!!
So true, regardless of how the Test finishes, all he's done is to create a story between himself and Vitori & Jarvis. This could run for years. :lol:

eugene

Post by eugene »

It's nice to know that Zimbabwe is now good enough to qualify for trash talk. If Bangladeshi players are getting involved in bad-mouthing the Zimbabweans it means there must be a certain amount of respect there. Players rarely get involved in slagging matches with weak opponents.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

He is such an idiotic person. A bunch of below average players donning test kit and not knowing how talk. He is not a Sehwag who can justify his claims. Their team cant even beat our second string team forget about national ones. He will soon find out today by lunch time
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think he just trying to fire up his boys.
Its a cattle call to keep them calm, putting the oppositions status in perspective. We are only a minnow at the end of the day (just a better minnow than them).

It beats the fakeness and cliche of other press conferences though.
If vitori is even close to the real deal he will be fired up.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

BaijuSpeaks

Post by BaijuSpeaks »

Simply stupid comment dear Tamim..
I am a great fan of your talent. But, extremely disappointed with yesterdays comment.
I don't see you as a Bangladesh captain any time soon being so adamant.
Learn to respect the opposition first.