squad for tri series ( well my squad anyway)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

squad for tri series ( well my squad anyway)

Post by jimbo »

Jimbo is the selector for the day and this is the squad i would pick

1.) sibanda
2.) marumisa
3.) Williams
4.) taibu ( Wkt)
5.) Masakadza
6.) Chakhabva
7.) Chigumbura
8.) Utseya
9.) Price
10.) Rainsford
11.) Mpofu

people will notice the omissions of names like chibhabha and taylor. I have ommited chibhabha because i am aware he has injury problems, Taylor because he is assumed to have quit ( Please prove me wrong)
i make no apologies for putting in batsmen like marumisa and also chakbva. It is an opportune moment for these guys to come in against the likes of kenya and build up their averages.
The other three players on the short tour would be mupariwa,maruma and garwe, Not in my starting 11 mind

zulu

Re: squad for tri series ( well my squad anyway)

Post by zulu »

I would give a few newer players a chance to prove themselves this should really be a comfortable series win for zim there is no excuses they are both associate teams.
1 V.Sibanda
2 B.Mujuru
3 T.Taibu
4 S.Williams
5 H.Masakadza
6 E.Chigumbura
7 P.Utseya
8 G.Creamer
9 R.Price
10 A.Manyumwa
11 Christopher Mpofu

This maybe a bit of a gamble but I think mujuru deserves a chance hes performed well with the bat so far against pakistan acadmy also i think the current seam attack isnt good enough I think its time to try other promising fast bowlers Manyumwa has played alot of first class and list A cricket by zimbabwe standards and has done fairly well give him a chance. Grame Creamer I think deserves a perminant spot in the zimbabwe team he has the experience and is a good bowler and can bat down the order

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

1. Sibanda
2. Madakaska
3. Williams
4. Taibu
5. Chibbaha
6. Chakabva
7.Chingubura
8.Utseya
9.Price
10.Mupuria
11. Rainsford

12. Creamer
13. Garwe
14. Matsikinyeri
15. Dabengwa (it should be maruma but for some reason dabengwa is allways there)

I think that this should be the squad with the players who's places are under threat are chakava from matskinyeri and rainsford from garwe who i think needs to be given a decent crack

i feel sorry for creamer and maruma but spin is one area where we are well covered, (creamer being the better bowler and maruma being the better batsman)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

1. Sibanda
2. Masakadza
3. Williams
4. Taibu
5. Chakabva
6. Chibhabha
7. Chigumbura
8. Utseya
9. Price
10. Mupariwa
11. Mpofu

12. Cremer
13. Muzarabani (Garwe hasn't been in any national squads for a long time)
14. Dabengwa
15. Matsikenyeri