Jarvis' Pace

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Jarvis' Pace

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

From what I can remember, Vitori's opening spell in the second innings was probably his least threatening of the match. Maybe that was part of the 4 overs you saw? Because at his best he was bowling very quick with some decent swing, just beating the outside edge. He was in very good touch just before he picked up his wicket on day 5.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I understand all the hype about raw pace but Jarvis looked fast enough to me. His control was what impressed me. And with his injury problems behind him I do not want him to strive for extra pace. If he can model his career on McGrath that would be fantastic. From a long term team perspective I'd take McGrath's reliability over Brett Lee's injury bulletin anyday.

Regarding Vitori I with brmtaylor.com. I watched Vitori's first spell in the first innings and he was really running in and looked a tad quicker than Jarvis to the naked eye. He lost the plot a bit when bowling to Tamim in the second innings but he'll only learn from that.

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

I was certainly decieved by Jarvis pace. He doesnt look fast, smooth action, VERY MacGrath, but you can see the bal covers the pithc quickly and the batsmens reaction. What I liked abbout Jarvis and why I think he camn bowl faster is that he didnt look like he was straining or putting much effort. On the other hand Vitori puts in a lot and a huge grunt as a topping. I certainly want to see more of these guys and would like to see Jarvis have a game or two in the ODI's.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog