Hamilton masacadza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Hamilton masacadza

Post by jimbo »

Now like keith dabengwa initially i was quite scathing of hamilton masacadza certainly in the one day format ( Though a good four day player) certainly though still inconsistent he has scored big for zimbabwe in two one dayers getting 80 odd against pakistan and the west indies narrowly missing out on centuries. Is perhaps opening the batting making the best of his talents, Starting off slowly and getting his eye in and then accerelating when the situation allows

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Hamilton masacadza

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I'm still very critical of Dabengwa's constant selection. Is he a batsman? If so why is he batting at 8? Is he a bowler? Then why doesn't he bowl (too expensive probably). He needs to be given a role to play. I think in one of the SA Pro20 games he made some quick runs batting down the order... if he can play that role better than Chigumbura, then maybe Dabengwa should bat at 6. It just seems to me he is a jack of all trades, master of none at the moment.

As for Masakadza, I've been happy with his selection in the ODI team since Kenya toured in 2006. We need as many good experienced players as we can get in the first eleven, and he has become a rather important ODI batsman for Zimbabwe. Without Brendan Taylor in the team, Masakadza's value has just gone up exponentially.

He should definitely open, it's just a matter of who with now (Sibanda or Taibu... I lean towards Sibanda).

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Agreed dabengwa is one of the eight wonders of the world in terms of his constant selection :lol:

As for hamilton I think him opening is best for him and zimbabwe as a whole. I like taibu at four in the order so the answer to the opening berth is sibanda to be his opening partner :)

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

Dabengwa is better off developing himself as a batsman.