Gate charges

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Gate charges

Post by Flower power »

I think the guys that organized the Stanbic T20 tournament did a great job marketing the event .Without Marketing no one will come to watch a game save for a few die hard fans . At one Stanbic T20 game there was a 12 000 attendance .
Well with the team doing well it becomes easier to markert the sport .People want to go and celebrate and not be depressed at the end of the day .
A consistent perfomace from the boys will create waves and demand for the sport at the venue or on TV .
Imagine if theoretically we beat achieve a winning streak that looks like this
1. vs Bangaldesh (Tour Game) Win
2.vs Bangladesh (Test) Win
3.vs Bangladesh (5 ODIS) Win all
4.vs Pakistan (Tour Game) Win
5.vs Pakistan (2 Tests) Win all
6 vs Pakistan (3 ODis ) Win all

You have a young seamer ''The Vitori Express'' breaking records .

What then would be the demand for the New Zealand , October tour .Overseas people will want to follow this rejuvenated giant slayer .

In terms of gate I disagree with the $1 tag .$1 will be an injustice to the efforts of Taylor & Co .Even local PSL soccer games in Zim charge $3 .
So per game 12000 x$5 ($60 000) is realistic and achievable .

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

etoreveyi wrote:
Flower power wrote:Zim Cricket just got $250 000 from CBZ
ya meaning a full hse currently they generate $10 000 plus extra cash from the Vip which cost $5 per person. Then pple will start demanding for the sport to be screened on Natioanl TV.Meaning more money from TV rights. If they follow that concept withen 2yrs there will be fade up of cash.. :D
The problem I fear though is that this will probably happen, but then we will still see the players get paid the same, stadium the same - but we will see bvute on a Cadillac convertible with 20 inch spinning silver rims hurtling down hillbrow rd, model in the passenger seat, Ali Campbell decked out in gold chains in the backseat popping open a bottle of moet and Peter Chingoka snorting nose candy of a hookers chest whilst bopping to the techno on the Bose sound system bleating from the radio.

And Taibu will still be there, waiting for that cheque :(

I know ZC too well and it hurts
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

I think what is needed is a change of personnel in Admin . If ZC was run professionally like any other corporate entity , the shareholders would not have held on to a board that runs out of ideas and only waits for India to make a profit .If we are to look closely , the leadership at ZC has the potential personel and resources to make this thing big .
I will use Marange diamond fields as an example . Nobody cared about Chiadzwa or Marange before the diamond rush . It was just a hot and arid place that nobody cared about . (but did that change the fact that the area was rich in diamonds .) The administration government was ignorant of the fact that this was a rich area .It took the efforts of ''gweja's'' (illegal panners) for the government to take notice of a piece of land that they had had for over 25 years .
ZC admin has a diamond in its and i dont know what it is going to take for them to take notice of the gem they have in the hand .

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

Awe I give up. Never said gate takings are the only source of revenue (etorevey) thought it was one of many and ok if the whole system is corupt why bother dream of a working system (Zimdoggy)....ok let any one come in for free that way we save on the printing cost of the bloody tickets...l often suffer from memory loss but trust pple like you to remind me why l left in the first place some want free things the other half is so negative...suprise why we never get anyways thats before we talk corruption....aghhhhh why l do this to myself.....
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

use that cash to pay williams blignaut ballance cameron ervine goodwin ireland and we will be top 4 test nation and odi nation in the world

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

andybligz93 wrote:use that cash to pay williams blignaut ballance cameron ervine goodwin ireland and we will be top 4 test nation and odi nation in the world
Ballance and Ireland are the only two i would want back now.
Both could fill massive holes, though they've been shrunk somewhat with the emergance of Vitori and Jarvis, and Mawoyo and Sibanda. Blignaut, Goodwin!? and Cameron I couldn't care less about.

Williams won't need paying, he'll come crawling back

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

goodwin could play to hes 41 at least and come tests against say england australia ect mawayo and ervine ect will be exposed just wait and see. goodwin is pure class and has all the experience in the world. the reason for blignaut is just beacuse he was my favourte player ever i know we dont need him just wish he was involved with the revival of zim cricket and could watch him slog at least one more time

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Goodwin is old mate. Why go backwards when we can go forwards. You said yourself in another thread how excited you are about about the likes of nathan, malcom waller and guys like PJ Moor :)
andybligz93 wrote:the reason for blignaut is just beacuse he was my favourte player ever i know we dont need him just wish he was involved with the revival of zim cricket and could watch him slog at least one more time
I know what you mean pal. I'm the same about Dougie marrilliar. Was so excited when i heard he was in the preliminary squad for the windies last year :lol:

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

yeh i did say that but im tlaking just in the test arena even a job for him in coaching, we can still play the likes of PJ moor ect but goodwin batting around 5 just until we are fully in the groove of test cricket he would be amazing and would be someone the team would look up to i know it wont happen but im 100percent sure he wouldnt let me down. and yes marillier was a freak when on song he invited the scoop shot that ryan campbell still claims to this day , but hey why look back now when we got you coming through the ranks :D

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Why do I get the feeling that some people will still be calling for the return of Blignaut, Goodwin and Sean Ervine when I'm zooming around on a zimmer frame.

Brian Vitori. Product of the franchise system and potential world-beater. Look at the way they found him, and go find more in the same way. Far more use to us than players of the past era that people really need to get over.