Predictions for 4 nations 20/20 tournament in Canada

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Predictions for 4 nations 20/20 tournament in Canada

Post by Kopje »

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/canada/c ... 69643.html

1st - Sri Lanka
2nd - Pakistan
3rd - Zimbabwe
4th - Canada

** Most critics would say this is the possible final standings, but i feel we might have a chance to squeeze into 2nd place. I don't know, we'll see how it goes.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Predictions for 4 nations 20/20 tournament in Canada

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I don't think we could beat Pakistan (they have an enthusiastic young squad, I think they will be suited to Twenty20... plus the Afridi factor), but maybe we could upset Sri Lanka. If we get early wickets and remove Jayasuriya and Sangakarra (if they play) their middle order will be exposed IMO.

ahmed

Re: Predictions for 4 nations 20/20 tournament in Canada

Post by ahmed »

I bet Brendan Taylor gets picked for the squad for the tournament in Canada. Remember this has happened before with the contract issue when he left for the Netherlands but he still returned in a Zimbabwe shirt, and also it has not been mentioned on the official ZC website and it was a newspaper who reported this story and the media can exagerate stories as well. It does not say anything at all on the "contracted players" on the ZC website and you would expect them to say something on their website, and also a few months ago ZC denied they had an issue with players going abroad after the logan cup because they was not any cricket for them to play in Zimbabwe for a few months, also they denied they had a feud with Taylor. Lets just hope he gets picked.
Finally my prediction is:
1. PAKISTAN
2. SRI LANKA
3. ZIMBABWE
4. CANADA