Zimbabwe starting line up for tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Zimbabwe starting line up for tour

Post by jimbo »

The order for the upcoming games I would pick as follows

1.) masakadza
2.) Mujuru
3.) Chibhabha
4.) Taibu
5.) Chahabkva
6.) Matsikenyeri
7) Chigumbura
8.) Utseya
9.) Price
10.) Rainsford
11.) Mpofu

Rainsford and mpofu cannot bat very well so the suggestion is that zim might have a bit of a tail with these players. Well price and utseya definetly arent your average tail enders and I think if zim get into trouble against the associates these two can more than hold their own
Id give mujuru a chance at the top order as he has played well in recent games in that very position. Very unlucky not to get a century against the academy team because he ran out of partners and was stranded

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Zimbabwe starting line up for tour

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

One change I would make is Mupariwa in for Mpofu. As stated in the other thread, Mupariwa is one of the most consistent wicket takers in world cricket and also the best replacement we have for Gary Brent. Having Mpofu, Rainsford and Chigumbura in the same team is probably overkill because they are all about the same speed (maybe Rainsford is a bit quicker), so Mupariwa can provide a bit of variation with his medium pace.

jimbo

Re: Zimbabwe starting line up for tour

Post by jimbo »

And mupariwa can hold a bat too, Unlike rainsford, Mpofu he has a few first class fifties too his name now

I suppose I was thinking of ransford,Mpofu,Chigumbura because we are playing associate sides so the need to be defensive goes out of the window, Compared too if we were playing against the likes of australia,India. No need to go on the defensive against the associate teams lets let rip with the pace :D